MyBlueShark
April 18, 2024, 06:10:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Grandparents and their attorney's statements

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grandparents and their attorney's statements  (Read 320 times)
Blue
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
Global Moderator

« on: December 16, 2008, 08:28:53 pm »

Missing Girl's Grandparents Hope Skull Not Caylee's
http://www.news4jax.com/news/18288420/detail.html

POSTED: 6:59 am EST December 16, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The grandparents of missing toddler Caylee Anthony hope that a child's skull found near their home doesn't belong to their granddaughter, but are realistic about the possibility that the recently uncovered remains may be hers, their attorney said Monday.

George and Cindy Anthony are asking for privacy until the medical examiner is able to identify the remains found last week in woods near their home, attorney Bradley Conway said.

"They're not grieving yet because we don't know whose body this is," Conway said. "But if it is identified as Caylee, they are going to go through that grief process privately, and when they're ready to speak they will."

The Anthony's 22-year-old daughter, Casey Anthony, was charged with first-degree murder months after the girl disappeared in June. She is being held without bond at the Orange County Jail.

Authorities said Casey Anthony waited a month to report her daughter missing last July. She initially told police that she left the child with a baby sitter, but detectives said her story was untrue. Her parents still believe her story and support her, the attorney said.

Caylee and her mother lived with George and Cindy Anthony. The grandparents have returned home after spending time in a hotel while investigators searched their house for evidence late last week. Their attorney said that items were taken from their home which were not on a search warrant.

Crime scene technicians and detectives on Monday continued to search the woods near the Anthony home, where the skull was found last week by a meter reader. Capt. Angelo Nieves, a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Office, said he couldn't confirm reports that more bones had been found in the area over the weekend.

"There have been significant finds there at the location," Nieves said. "We're not providing additional information as to what evidence has been recovered."

Several experts also were being called in to examine the site over the next few days, including a botanist, a forensic anthropologist and an entomologist or expert on insects, Nieves said.

Conway said the grandparents were not being investigated for any crimes, such as obstruction of justice. George and Cindy Anthony have been fingerprinted by investigators but only to rule them out as suspects. They are cooperating with detectives, he said.

"They have not obstructed any investigation," Conway said. "They haven't destroyed any evidence. They have in no way interfered with what the ... sheriff's office has to do."

The Anthonys have placed cameras at their house and hired a security team because they are wary of neighbors or others who may try to profit from Caylee's disappearance by selling information or photos to tabloids, Conway said.

"They don't know who to trust other than themselves and the team that is assigned to protect and defend them," he said.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 10:28:18 pm »

ANTHONYS RELEASE STATEMENT ABOUT REMAINS
http://www.wftv.com/news/18288396/detail.html#-

The new lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony spoke to the public Monday (watch video). He said he didn't know about plans to prosecute them on charges related to the case, but he did tell Eyewitness News that he is seeking immunity for Caylee's grandparents.

Attorney Brad Conway says he just wants to make sure his clients are protected. He wants to make sure charges aren't filed later.

ANTHONYS' STATEMENT: Read It | Raw Video

Eyewitness News has learned George and Cindy, along with their son Lee, were fingerprinted over the weekend so investigators will have them on hand as they search for fingerprints on evidence they've collected at the scene.

George and Cindy Anthony were not ready to address the media Monday, but issued a statement (read statement) through their attorney. The Anthonys do not plan on making a public statement until the remains found near their home are identified.

Conway said the family is realistic, but hopeful it's not Caylee.

"The last six months have been the hardest six months of our lives and we understand that the ongoing investigation and prosecution of our daughter, Casey, will consume our lives with conflict," Conway read from the statement. "Based on recent developments we are realistic but continue to hope and pray that these remains are not those of our precious granddaughter Caylee Marie."

Once the medical examiner and the defense examine the remains, the remains, if Caylee's, will be released to the Anthonys.

"If it is Caylee Marie, they will make proper burial," Conway told Eyewitness News.

Eyewitness News reported last week that sources close to the investigation said they are possibly building a case against Caylee's grandparents for obstruction of justice. Sources told Eyewitness News, if charges were pursued, it would be after the remains were identified and it would come from the forensic evidence that was recently taken from the Anthony home.

"They have cooperated. They have done nothing," Conway said.

Conway said he plans to meet with the lead prosecutor and detectives later this week to ask for full immunity for the Anthonys.

"We will not speculate. If the attorney officially decides to ask our office, well will address it then," said Danielle Taverneri, spokesperson for the State Attorney's Office.

Conway admits the Anthonys have made conflicting statements in the past. They will be re-interviewed by investigators. He said, for the next interview they give to authorities, there will not be any conflicting statements.

Attorney Brad Conway also said he is representing the Anthonys for free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have been looking for this because it was reported on Nancy Grace that  immunity was mentioned for the Anthony's. Go to the link it's about 1/3 of the way down.
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 01:04:19 am »

This is the statement from the first attorney (Mark NeJame) to represent the casey's, It is from a while back, but here is his statement of resignation from the anthony case. His words tell a story of his beliefs, as well as, show his respect for George and Cindy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.shadowscope.com/archives/2008/11/mark_nejame_resigns_from_representing_the_anthonys.php#more

Mark NeJame Resigns From Representing the Anthonys -
”Unfortunately, I have made the decision that it is best not to continue my representation of George and Cindy Anthony.

George and Cindy have a belief that their beloved granddaughter, Caylee, is still alive. Tips and leads continue to come in. I believe strongly that they should have every right to maintain their hope and faith that one of these "sightings" will miraculously be the one that brings Caylee home to them. What parent or grandparent would surrender such hope?

Who is one person to tell another parent or grandparent when it is time for them to abandon their faith? When does a stranger have the right to judge another who has endured such a loss? The attacks made against them by some are deplorable.

Let them be to do what they feel they must to find their beloved granddaughter, Caylee. Knowing this case as well as probably anyone on earth, there is no doubt that they do not know where Caylee is. Allow them to walk their own path.

I only agreed to represent George and Cindy Anthony, so long as there were no restrictions placed on me whatsoever as to finding Caylee, regardless of where this might lead. Quite simply, this meant that I could do whatever I needed to find Caylee whether she was alive or not. It impressed me that George and Cindy, both believing that Caylee was still with us, had an overriding and primary concern in finding Caylee, even if the result was not as they would hope. The other condition I required was that I would have absolutely nothing to do with representing Casey or assisting in her legal defense.

Abundant efforts have been made towards finding Caylee. I have worked with so many involved in this matter towards the goal of finding this dear, missing child who has captured the hearts of so many. Some ignorant and judgmental members of the public though have made hateful and inaccurate accusations against me and others, when they had no idea whatsoever what was really going on. As my new, good friend, Tim Miller from Equusearch, tells me "everybody associated with this case gets body slammed." However, like Tim, when you know in your heart that you're doing the right thing, you just move forward knowing that right will ultimately win out. Some have falsely accused me and some others of being in this for the money. If they only knew how utterly wrong and misguided they are.

I had come to a personal opinion and theory for quite some time whether Caylee was still with us or not. However, my opinion was only one like any other ... an opinion. The only person without an opinion though is Casey Anthony as only she knows the truth.

I believe that the singular person out of the 6 billion people in the world who holds the key to finding Caylee is her mother, Casey Anthony. Although I was quite successful in resolving a multitude of matters, I am unable to go further to help George and Cindy find Caylee in my current role. I can only provide my best advice and must respect any client's prerogative to do what they deem is best, whether they choose to follow my guidance or not. However, there is little value or use I can provide to any client if they choose to act and comment at will.

As someone who has learned and knows the inner workings and details of the case and its various characters intimately, the rampant sensationalism and unfounded accusations must stop. Allow Cindy and George Anthony the respect and decency of dealing with their hope and efforts to find their missing and beloved Caylee as they need to. Allow those with differing opinions on finding and searching for Caylee, whether she is with us or not, to do their jobs without interruption. Finally, the judicial system is in play and justice will be best served by mindless meddlers staying out of something they know little of. There are many wonderful people involved in efforts to find Caylee and there are, unfortunately, many who are exploiting this child. Sadly, most in the public are clueless about who is doing what and what is really going on. The negative actions of some are only counterproductive and hurtful to the cause of those many good people who are doing so much to do something positive with this most sad and tragic situation.

There should only be one goal and that is to find Caylee Marie Anthony."
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 12:08:09 pm »

http://www.wftv.com/news/18343056/detail.html#-

Anthonys Spend Christmas Without Caylee, Plan To Keep Donating Toys

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 – updated: 6:28 pm EST December 25, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- While the Anthony family spends its first Christmas without Caylee, dozens of needy children are enjoying hundreds of gifts donated in the slain toddler's honor.

Cindy Anthony told Eyewitness News she was not yet ready to talk on camera, but confirmed via text message she plans to donate additional toys mourners are leaving at the growing memorial where Caylee’s remains were discovered.

The first batch of toys was given to 85 needy children staying at the Orlando Rescue Mission. On Christmas morning, the children played with the gifts near the Christmas tree, which still had leftover gifts underneath.

The shelter told Eyewitness News the leftover gifts will be saved for birthdays and other events in the future.

Now that the Orlando Rescue Mission has more gifts than it can use at the moment, Cindy Anthony said she plans to donate additional toys left at her granddaughter’s memorial to other charities in need.

Casey Anthony woke up in an Orange County jail cell on Christmas morning.

Unless she accepts a visit from a jail chaplain, Casey Anthony will spend the holiday alone, as records show no family members have signed up to visit the mother charged with her daughter’s murder.

For Christmas dinner, Casey Anthony will dine on roast beef with gravy, buttered mashed potatoes, creamed corn, bread, and a baked apple crisp for desert.

The meal costs 82 cents.

WAS CASEY ANTHONY'S MYSTERY BABYSITTER INSPIRED BY TV SHOW?

Channel 9 has learned that investigators are looking at whether a popular TV show may have provided Casey Anthony with the inspiration she needed to create a story about Caylee’s disappearance.

Computer records given to Eyewitness News showed Casey did a Google search for "One Tree Hill's” 100th episode, right before Caylee disappeared.

That episode just happens to be about a nanny kidnapping a child.

Legal analyst Bill Sheaffer believes this could be a critical piece of evidence the state will use in this case against Casey.

“The story of the plot line is so similar and that is the story she originally came out (with). And it’s the story she continues and continues to stick with,” said Sheaffer.

In March, three months before Caylee disappeared, Casey’s computer records show she was researching how to make chloroform, household weapons, and neck breaking.

In between those searches Casey was looking up the 100th episode of “One Tree Hill.”

“It goes to serve two issues: one premeditation for the death of the child and two, it serves as a basis for this incredible story that the imaginary babysitter kidnapped and killed the child,” said Sheaffer.

Casey told investigators the nanny, Zenaida Gonzales, kidnapped Caylee. Detectives said they will definitely look into the information and this will most likely help in the case against Casey.

GRIEVING FOR CAYLEE

Eyewitness News learned Tuesday that Caylee's remains have now been released to a funeral home to await her memorial service.

The news came as lawyers for Caylee's family reversed course and said today they will not seek donations to help bury the murdered child.

Lee Anthony's attorney, Thom Luka, said people wanted to do more so the Anthonys were in the process of setting up a trust fund to accept donations for Caylee's funeral.

“The original idea was that this fund was going to be set up so that people who wanted to dedicate money for flowers or whatever for a memorial for Caylee, they could do it at a central point,” said Luka.

Eyewitness news reported the trust fund on Monday. Since then, hundreds of bloggers wrote that they were outraged with the idea. George and Cindy's attorney Brad Conway said he received numerous angry emails.

Luke said the Anthonys have now changed their mind because do not want the public to think they are misusing any funds.

"It is suspended indefinitely because what they are trying to avoid. They are trying to avoid this cloud of impropriety," said Luka.

The Anthonys say they will have a private and public service. A date and time won't be set until the second autopsy is completed.

PHOTOS AND X-RAYS TO BE RELEASED

A judge in the Casey Anthony case told the state Tuesday to release photographs, x-rays and other documentation related to Caylee Anthony's remains to Casey Anthony's attorney.

The order by Judge Stan Stickland followed an emergency request filed by Jose Baez's law firm.

EMERGENCY MOTION: Read It (PDF)

In the filing, Casey's attorneys claimed that the State Attorney had been asked but failed to release the information.

The judge gave the state 14 days to release the items or prosecutors have until January 5, 2009 to appeal.

The ruling came just after Channel 9 had learned Casey will not be allowed to attend her daughter's funeral.

CASEY WON'T ATTEND FUNERAL

A jail spokesman said Casey Anthony will not be able to attend a funeral or viewing for her daughter, Caylee, due to her first-degree murder charge and because of the security risks.

The attorney for the family says a public memorial service will be held for the little girl.

Orlando lawyer Brad Conway said Tuesday that George and Cindy Anthony, the girl's grandparents, will hold both a private service and a public memorial for Caylee Marie.

Caylee was 2 when she disappeared in the summer and her remains were found on Dec. 11. Her mother, Casey Anthony, has been charged with the girl's murder.

Conway says the service won't be held until after a second autopsy on the remains is conducted.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum