MyBlueShark
April 19, 2024, 11:24:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Mya Lyons' family still without resolution 11.25.08

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mya Lyons' family still without resolution 11.25.08  (Read 337 times)
Blue
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
Global Moderator

« on: November 25, 2008, 12:35:24 am »

Mya Lyons' family still without resolution
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chicago/chi-crime-myasmom-columnnov14,0,972006.story

By Angela Rozas Tribune reporter
    November 14, 2008

Four months after 9-year-old Mya Lyons was stabbed to death, her mother, Ericka Barnes, cannot bring herself to visit her daughter's grave.

She has no answer when Mya's brother asks where his sister has gone or when she's coming home. She lets the 6-year-old boy sleep with the "Princess" pillow, the one with Mya's photograph on it. She winces when her son sees a toy in a store that he thinks Mya might like and pleads with her to buy it.

Mya would have turned 10 in two weeks. The girl who loved pink and wore it constantly wanted her own cell phone, and Barnes promised her one for her birthday. Barnes thinks about that promise, one she can never fulfill, and makes another one she knows she'll never break.

"I will never, ever give up on my daughter," Barnes said Thursday at her Addison home. "I didn't give up on her when she was with us, and I'm not going to give up on her now that she's gone."

To Barnes, not giving up means not letting her daughter's killer go free. It means knocking on doors in the South Side neighborhood where she was discovered stabbed and asking yet again, "Did anybody see anything?" It means asking people to donate to the reward fund established in her daughter's name, now up to $6,500, and praying for justice.

Mya was found stabbed to death July 14 in the 8400 block of South Gilbert Court near the home of her father, Richard Lyons. He told police he found her injured in an alley after she had gone to bed but was discovered missing.

No suspects have been named and nobody has been charged, but police say the case is a top priority and they are making progress.

When Mya died, Barnes was inundated with offers of help. But as time passed, people moved on, and Barnes was left with her family, her grief and her belief in God.

"I know that somebody, someone knows something," Barnes said. "Somebody who has kids, or little cousins, should just think and imagine if this could have been them."

Her sister nodded, and the room became quiet. Barnes' son was due home from school soon.

Anyone with information can call police at 312-747-8271. The reward fund has been set up at any TCF bank in Mya's name.

arozas@tribune.com
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

:+:MrTT:+:

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 11:03:48 pm »

THERE'S so little to read about this case..............but from tying to put together some pieces from what is posted here, on this site....................the time after 11pm i read here helped.....................i don't sense someone just grabbed her by her arm and took her to that alley.........................no, she was put in that alley, .........half block from dads house, is so short of distance.....................they thought she was in bed but then noticed she was gone, and they took his van, to check to see if the crime was committed inside the van, and then he dumped her there, and pretended to found her .................................you know this alley??.........was it about half way down, from the corner of the alley......and are there two street signs facing different directions, on the same pole......................for that is what i am seeing.........................do they think she was dumped there, LE DO THAT think that..............because of lack of blood at the scene>>??...................OR DO THEY THINK ITS POSSIBLE SHE WAS TAKEN SOMEWHERE AND THEN BROUGHT BACK CLOSE TO HER HOME SO SHE WOULD BE FOUND............IM  just confused on things...........but i just dont get a stranger abduction and a sexual assault then a murder with a knife...................................i feel she was stabbed in mid section first, then the neck wound occurred............she did struggle,.................what  other pieces of the puzzle do you know, from being there.......................what am i missing, about this case you can fill in for us??...........................................i have to admit, that that Lyon name, is what brought me here, that caught my interest.........................
Report Spam   Logged
shark
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 01:52:34 am »

Yo Mr. T... Happy Holidays!!

Im trying to answer your questions... First of all I got to look at map of where MYA was found.
Usually city light poles have 2 signs for long and lat streets.. I am not from area so like I said I need to lookat addy. You would be surprised what takes place in city of .... People would be silly not to carry something for protection...So this person carrying a knife does not strike me as odd.

8400 block of South Gilbert Court

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=8400+block+of+South+Gilbert+Ct.+chicago,+ill.&sll=41.922716,-87.680511&sspn=0.486373,1.100006&ie=UTF8&ll=41.738753,-87.634506&spn=0,359.965625&t=h&z=15&layer=c&cbll=41.740427,-87.642712&panoid=m9o4RpBSfYX8f4bc7M-awA&cbp=12,10.272956658904775,,0,0.8340269186032472

I believe this is the fathers home @ 8402 S. Gilbert Ct.
Alley is shown and 1 in question too.

Report Spam   Logged
:+:MrTT:+:

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 06:01:20 pm »

Ive just read all here, on this case........plus what links worked, as far as going to the link site where the story was told...............the knife, i could not find it that knife has been proven as the murder weapon from being DNA tested??............if it was, and it was a new steak knife, as they say........steak knifes usually comes in a set .........i wonder if they searched the house for a similar knife??............from reading, i do get that from this block party that went on that night............the murderer was there, at this block party, I AM SURE OF THAT!!, being a pretty young girl wearing pink that night, caught someones attention.......someone whom has priors convictions, charges of assault, **** or confinement.....this person was high on drugs i feel at that time........a predator, someone whom had been previously released from prison, and staying in the neighborhood.......perhaps a guess of someones, there whom attended this party..........this person, may have been with a group of individuals for a time........perhaps the girl, had been chatting with this person, for a time at the party...................i would ask the neighborhood people there.......on this night, anyone remember seeing someone take an interest in this girl.......and ask them, if anyone had company, a visitor staying with them at the time of this party, whom they feel could be a possible, to contact LE and give them this persons name..................being 4 months later[/i][/b]
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum