MyBlueShark
April 18, 2024, 11:10:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Nov.19-28

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nov.19-28  (Read 990 times)
shark
« on: November 19, 2008, 01:57:18 am »

Hello all, I am starting a new thread ...
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

shark
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 12:59:51 pm »

DREW PETERSON  wanting a DIVORCE from STACY

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454687,00.html

Attorney on Consultation With Drew Peterson
Wednesday, November 19, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

FNC

This is a rush transcript from "America's News HQ," November 18, 2008. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

JON SCOTT, HOST: His fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, has been missing for more than one year. Now, Drew Peterson, a former Illinois cop, remains under investigation in her disappearance. He says he's considering a divorce.

Peterson just consulted a high-profile attorney about it. That attorney is Jeffrey Leving. He's also the author of the book, "Divorce Wars." And he joins us now.

• Video: Watch Jon Scott's interview

Jeffrey, we've seen a quote from you in which you say you confirm that he was in your office. Can you say whether he is your client or not?

JEFFREY LEVING, FATHERS' RIGHTS ATTORNEY: Well, technically, under the rules of professional conduct, he was a client for the purpose of the consultation. His criminal defense lawyer brought him for the consultation, and we met and spoke.

SCOTT: All right. So under Illinois law, this man comes to you. His wife is missing. She is not able to sign any papers or anything like that. Can he get a divorce? Is he eligible?

RelatedColumn Archive
Attorney on Consultation With Drew PetersonGang Violence Growing in Suburban Areas Across the U.S.Minnesota Secretary of State Addresses Senate RecountWill Obama Alter Bush Administration's Stance on Missile Defense?Controversy Over Atheist Group's Holiday CampaignFull-page Transcripts Archive

Video
Watch Jon Scott's interview Show Info
Airs Weekdays at 5 p.m. ET
E-mail the show: billandmegyn@foxnews.com Bill Hemmer's bio Megyn Kelly's bio Transcript archive LEVING: In Illinois, a marriage can be dissolved based on desertion if the wife has willfully deserted or absented herself from her husband for a period one year without cause or provocation on the part of her husband.

And if that has occurred, the marriage can be dissolved, and the wife can be served by publication, which means notice can be published in the newspaper, and that would be considered notice. Personal service is not necessary in Illinois in that type of circumstance.

SCOTT: Is that something that could be applied in the Drew and Stacy Peterson's case?

LEVING: Well, it's something that could be applicable in this case, definitely.

SCOTT: Even if there's no evidence that she ran off on her own? I mean, he says that's what happened. He says he thinks that's what happened. But to my knowledge, police have never found any evidence that she left willingly.

LEVING: Well, the key here is, he is entitled to his day in court. He can present his evidence to the courts. If there is evidence to the contrary, that would be presented and there would be a trial. And the judge would make a decision. And he has a constitutional right to a trial, to his day in court.

But, you know, there are other issues that, to me, you know, are more significant that are not directly related to this consultation, but the fact in locating missing people. If you rely on law enforcement or investigative wrong investigative sources, there are missing people that will never be found that possibly could be found.

I recently worked on a case representing a dad in Chicago whose minor child disappeared, and some people may have thought the disappearance was the result of his misconduct. And the Chicago police claimed they could not find her, and she probably never would have been found if I had not hired one of the best detectives in the country, Detective Hale (ph) who found her and recovered her in this said case.

SCOTT: All right. Jeffrey Leving who met with Drew Peterson. Mr. Leving, thank you.

LEVING: Thank you.

Report Spam   Logged
tweety

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 02:37:02 pm »

HEARSAY LAW JUST PASSED EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATLY.

TIC TOC DREW.
 Hope he has creamed turkey on toast for thanksgiving, compliments of will county.
Report Spam   Logged
shark
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 03:35:41 pm »

House passes Drew Peterson law
November 19, 2008 at 3:25 PM | Comments (0)
SPRINGFIELD---The House today voted 109-0 to put into law a bill that could affect a potential prosecution against former Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson in the cases of either one of his last two wives.

As the Tribune's Clout Street reports, the bill would allow a judge to admit hearsay evidence into court for first-degree murder cases if the prosecution could prove that the defendant killed a witness to prevent testimony.

Report Spam   Logged
:+:MrTT:+:

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 03:54:57 pm »

House passes Drew Peterson law
November 19, 2008 at 3:25 PM | Comments (0)
SPRINGFIELD---The House today voted 109-0 to put into law a bill that could affect a potential prosecution against former Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson in the cases of either one of his last two wives.

As the Tribune's Clout Street reports, the bill would allow a judge to admit hearsay evidence into court for first-degree murder cases if the prosecution could prove that the defendant killed a witness to prevent testimony.

the bill would allow a judge to admit hearsay evidence into court for first-degree murder cases if the prosecution could prove that the defendant killed a witness to prevent testimony....................
......................................................................................In this case, would that witness be Stacy.....because it is assumed, she knew drew killed his one wife...........and so the hear-say would come from whom, the pastor she told this to, if he testifies, which i don't believe he will......creating this law is going to come back and haunt those whom supported it.......there will be delays, and constitutional issues on trials etc.......and eventually will come down to the supreme court to rule.............regardless, this man drew......in my opinion, is not going to spend a day in jail for being convicted of killing his one wife, and then murdering the other wife, to prevent her from testify he did so.........this is a witch hunt, that is going to come to a conclusion soon, for the evide3nce is not there......and Stacy will never be found..........all just MOO.........wanted to charge this man with murder with the one wife, just to get him locked up for the disappearance of the other wife, will not work.........this is all i have to say on this case, and i mention it now since i joined here......but for me, the case ended months ago, all that is left is the emotional reasons that lead to this new so called law..........
Report Spam   Logged
shark
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 05:30:31 pm »

ALERT         ALERT             ALERT            ALERT              ALERT          ALERT               ALERT

http://www.prnewschannel.com/absolutenm/templates/?a=1007&z=4

State’s Attorney to Meet with Victims’ Families in Drew Peterson Case
Investigative reporter says a source close to the investigation told him the meetings may be a sign an indictment for murder is near.
drewpetersonexposed.com - November 24, 2008

(PRNewsChannel) / Chicago, Ill. / A key witness in the case against Drew Peterson in the alleged homicide of his third wife Kathleen Savio will meet with prosecutor James Glasgow next Thursday, a confidential source tells Derek Armstrong, author of Drew Peterson Exposed.

Mary Ponterelli was the first person on scene after Savio’s death was reported and James Glasgow will meet with her personally on Dec. 4.

“The meeting may indicate the State wants to know specific details of what she might have witnessed,” says Armstrong, who continues to investigate Drew Peterson even though his book, Drew Peterson Exposed, was published Oct. 1.

Armstrong also says Glasgow, citing sources, is scheduled to meet with the families of Kathleen Savio and Stacy Peterson, as early as tomorrow.

"Either Mr. Glasgow is reviewing potential details for a future indictment--an indictment my source indicated is likely in the Savio case--or is offering a progress report," says Armstrong. "The meeting with Mary Ponterelli is almost certainly to verify details of her account of the crime scene.”

Armstrong broke the news last week that Judge Richard Schoenstedt would dismiss charges on the gun charges.

"That was indicated by the potential indictment, now more likely than ever due to the hearsay law," Armstrong says. "My source said, 'I believe the charges will be dropped as a strategic move to protect a future homicide case.' The prosecution clearly did not want the defense to have those documents."

Since the new hearsay law would allow introduction of letters from Kathleen Savio-who wrote that if something happened to her, Drew Peterson was responsible-an indictment in Savio is most likely. The meeting of the State’s Attorney with Ponterelli, the principal crime scene witness is another strong indicator that an indictment is forthcoming in the Savio case, Armstrong says. "Either that, or the state is concerned about the case."

An Indictment Still Coming for Savio Homicide

Armstrong's says his source indicated "charges will come, if not today, then soon."

The source also said the indictment was only slightly motivated by the new hearsay law that took effect last week. The hearsay law may allow the prosecution to present hearsay from witnesses such as Pastor Neil Schori who indicated he was told by Stacy Peterson that Drew killed
Kathleen Savio.

There’s other evidence as well, according to the source Armstrong says he spoke with.

"The more compelling evidence," Armstrong says the source said , "were the transcripts of the Drew Peterson and Kathleen Savio divorce."

About Derek Armstrong: Armstrong is the author of seven books, including Drew Peterson Exposed and MADicine, and chief crime correspondent for Crime Report USA. He also contributes to several Canadian newspapers and publications, and appears regularly on several TV shows.

Media Contact: Derek Armstrong
Phone: (647) 273-5331
Email: derekarmstrong@mac.com

Source Web Site: drewpetersonexposed.com
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 05:34:45 pm by shark » Report Spam   Logged
Blue
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 12:39:50 am »

So the gun charges against dp were dropped, I posted it under "suspect". My daughter heard something about Natalee Holloway on fox news, I find nothing. HI GUYS, DID YA MISS ME?
Report Spam   Logged

Izzy

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 04:11:00 pm »

Just stopping by to say I'm still around, lol.  Don't have much time for posting but have been trying to read up on things.  Unfortunately I haven't read of any arrests yet - that's disturbing.
Hope you all are doing well and stuffed yourselves as well as your turkeys for Thanksgiving!   Grin
Keep the faith.
Report Spam   Logged

IMHO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum