MyBlueShark
April 19, 2024, 01:49:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

polygraph

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: polygraph  (Read 265 times)
shark
« on: September 24, 2008, 04:08:08 am »

Polygraphs Taken of Drew Peterson Regarding the Disappearance of Stacy Peterson for Book Drew Peterson Exposed
Drew Peterson took two lie-detector tests to verify truthfulness to author Derek Armstrong as part of an investigation into Drew Peterson, the disappearance of Stacy Peterson and the death of Kathleen Savio. The results are embargoed until release of the book Drew Peterson Exposed, Oct 1, 2008. 

Cover of Drew Peterson Exposed by Derek Armstrong

Drew Peterson takes polygraphs regarding the disappearance of his wife Stacy Peterson and the death of his third wife Kathleen Savio.
Kunati, Publisher of the Year

Kunati Books was awarded Independent Publishers of the Year 2007 at Book Expo America 2008 by ForeWord Magazine.
Author Derek Armstrong

Investigative author Derek Armstrong, author of Drew Peterson Exposed and the Alban Bane Thrillers The Game and MADicine.
    CHICAGO, IL, September 24, 2008 /24-7PressRelease/ -- In response to media inquiries over leaked book cover images—appearing on various online bookseller sites—author Derek Armstrong issued a confirmation that polygraph examinations were conducted on Drew Peterson. "I did insist Mr. Drew Peterson take two in-depth polygraph examinations to verify his truthfulness regarding claims he made to me in my investigation for the book Drew Peterson Exposed."

The publisher, Kunati Books, has not lifted the embargo on the contents of the book, set to release on October 1, 2008 in stores nationally. "I won't comment on the contents or the results polygraph results," Armstrong added. "Other than to say the tests were conclusive and performed by a 34-year expert in polygraph examinations."

Armstrong added, "Mr. Peterson's lawyer, Joel Brodsky was opposed to a polygraph, and only agreed because Mr. Peterson wanted his entire story told in a book. I made the polygraph a condition. I also insisted that my findings would be my findings and I would report on whatever I discovered. The publisher, Kunati Books, wouldn't consider publishing this book without various fact-checking steps, and the polygraph was a mandatory one, along with taped interview sessions."

Armstrong's quick search of various public reports on Drew and Stacy Peterson revealed sixteen requests, on the record, for polygraphs, from police, and national media.

According to the American Polygraph Association in their publicly available research, the average accuracy of tests can be as high as 98 percent if non-conclusive tests are eliminated from the 12 research studies conducted by the association.

Kunati Books, based in Canada, refused to publish the book Drew Peterson Exposed without the polygraph. "At the time we didn't realize the polygraphs would become an important story in itself."

Kunati Books was 2007's Independent Publisher of the Year, awarded in 2008 at Book Expo America by ForeWord Magazine, and was called "a publisher to watch" by the American Library Association's Booklist Magazine in 2008. Kunati Books, based in Canada, and distributed worldwide through Independent Publishers Group of Chicago, has 76 authors under publication royalty agreements, with 47 books in print in 2008. Kunati's books are sold in all major chains and online stores, at independents, through some department stores and supermarkets, and their books are co-distributed in Asia, Europe and Australia.

Derek Armstrong is also the publisher officer of the company, one of several shareholders since 2006, during which time four of his books have been accepted by the editorial acquisitions team at Kunati. "Three signoffs are required on any book project, even for an officer of the company," Armstrong said. "In some ways, on this book, we had to be even more cautious than we would be with our other authors."

Contact Derek Armstrong Email

Download release COVER (PDF) for Drew Peterson Exposed

The contents of Drew Peterson Exposed are strictly embargoed until Oct. 1, 2008.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

shark
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 04:36:52 pm »

NANCY GRACE INTERVIEW

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/js/2.0/video/evp/module.js?loc=dom&vid=/video/crime/2008/10/08/ng.drew.peterson.cnn"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 04:37:37 pm by shark » Report Spam   Logged
Blue
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 12:45:44 am »

Thanks for helping me to stay current since I have so much other stuff going on right now.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum