MyBlueShark
April 16, 2024, 02:30:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Aug 18,19,20

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aug 18,19,20  (Read 1265 times)
shark
« on: August 18, 2008, 12:32:02 pm »

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/08/18/Bathtub_drowning_wasnt_suspicious/UPI-90601219074832/

Top NewsView archive | RSS Feed  Bathtub drowning wasn't suspicious
Published: Aug. 18, 2008 at 11:53 AMOrder reprints  |  Print Story  |  Email to a Friend  |  Post a Comment Close
CHICAGO, Aug. 18 (UPI) -- A coroner's report shows Illinois state police were not suspicious about the bathtub drowning in 2004 of a healthy, 40-year-old suburban Chicago woman.

A copy of the report by the Will County deputy coroner suggesting the death of Kathleen Savio was an accident has been obtained by The Chicago Tribune, the newspaper reported Monday.

Savio was the third wife of former Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson whose fourth wife, Stacey Peterson, has been missing since last October.

Investigators and experts re-examining Savio's death as a possible murder are questioning how state police could have been so quick to overlook signs that something sinister may have happened to Peterson's third wife, the Tribune says.

State police Lt. Scott Compton has declined to comment on why his agency's technicians and investigators concluded the death was not suspicious.

Peterson, 54, has not been named a suspect in Savio's death.

© 2008 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

shark
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 01:05:05 pm »

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/1113233,jo18_county_web.article

County officials nix vote on medical examiner issue

August 18, 2008Recommend

Stewart Warren / SWARREN@SCN1.COM
JOLIET -- After a nearly two-hour special meeting Monday, a Will County Board Committee of the Whole rejected the idea of a vote at Thursday's regular board meeting to put the medical examiner issue to a referendum.

Much of  Monday's meeting was taken up by speakers urging the board to ask voters whether they would be in favor of replacing an elected county coroner with an appointed medical examiner. The issue has gained momentum because of the disappearance of Drew Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy, and the reclassification of his third wife's death from accidental to homicide.

Among the petitioners was Stacy Peterson's aunt Candace Aikin, who sent a letter from El Monte, Calif., urging the referendum.

After rejecting the idea of a vote on the referendum Thursday by a 14-12 tally, county officials hinted they may form a special committee to investigate the issue further.
Report Spam   Logged
Blue
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 01:35:47 pm »

Questions abound over initial probe of Kathleen Savio's death
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-savio_18aug18,0,7919543.story

Family members wonder why investigators quickly thought foul play didn't kill 3rd wife of Drew Peterson

By Erika Slife and Matthew Walberg | Chicago Tribune reporters
    August 18, 2008

When Kathleen Savio's lifeless body was discovered in the empty bathtub of her Bolingbrook home in 2004, state police immediately decided her death was not suspicious, a Will County deputy coroner's report obtained by the Tribune shows.

The investigators and experts re-examining her death as a possible murder are now asking how police could have been so quick to overlook signs that something sinister may have happened to the third wife of Drew Peterson, then a sergeant for the Bolingbrook Police Department.

They are suspicious about the absence of blood residue or a sediment ring on the walls of the tub where she was found, sources said. If she had bled from a head wound while drowning in slowly draining water—as the theory went—why was the tub not stained?

No towels or clothes were in the bathroom where she was discovered, a paramedic noted. Shampoo bottles were in upright positions along the small tub, unlikely if she had suffered a fall, according to a source. Books and papers were spread across her unmade bed and a picture was facedown on the floor near the nightstand, according to Illinois State Police reports also obtained by the Tribune.

Although a state police crime-scene technician had covered Savio's hands with bags to preserve evidence—a procedure that typically precedes a homicide investigation—the statements of police that night indicated no evidence of trauma or foul play, according to the deputy coroner's report.

An autopsy would show a 40-year-old woman in good health had drowned. A coroner's jury ruled her death an accident after a state police special agent testified Savio had probably fallen, hit her head and drowned in the water before it leaked out the drain.

But the case was reopened in November after Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy, then 23, disappeared Oct. 28. Authorities named Peterson the prime suspect in her disappearance, and in February, State's Atty. James Glasgow called the Savio inquiry a murder investigation after a second autopsy indicated her death was a homicide. Glasgow said it appeared the scene was staged to look like an accidental drowning.

Peterson, 54, has not been named a suspect in Savio's case. He has denied any wrongdoing.

The police reports confirm speculation that Stacy Peterson gave him his principal alibi for his whereabouts in the days before Savio was discovered. The reports also show he was walking around the scene before state police arrived. At one point, he was alone in the bathroom with Savio's body and told emergency responders, "This is my ex-wife. Treat the scene with respect."

According to a report from that night, Deputy Coroner Mike VanOver asked Robert Deel, a crime scene technician for the state police, and "detectives if there was any reason to believe that this was a traumatic death and they stated NO, therefore the homicide/suspicious death protocol was not followed."

VanOver wrote in his report that he had notified his superiors that "the protocol was not being followed . . . because it was felt at that time by all parties that there were not signs of foul play or trauma for this death investigation."

Only a streak of blood was found in the tub, according to VanOver's report, police documents and testimony by the state police special agent at the coroner's inquest.

State police Lt. Scott Compton declined to comment on why his agency's technicians and investigators concluded the death was not suspicious, noting that crime-scene technicians "make observations and document those observations as part of their investigation and processing of a crime scene." He declined to comment further.

In an interview with the Tribune, VanOver said he was following the direction of state police. The coroner's office has been under fire for its role in Savio's investigation. On Monday, the Republican-controlled Will County Board will consider putting a referendum measure on the November ballot asking voters whether the elected coroner, now Democrat Patrick O'Neil, should be replaced by an appointed medical examiner.

"When they bagged the hands, that was when I asked the question, you know, 'Do you think anything is out of whack here?' " VanOver said. "Bob Deel was asked by me if he thought there was anything hinky here, and stuff like that, and if we should be doing something different, and I was told no."

Deel could not be reached for comment.

Savio's body was found March 1, 2004, in a semifetal position on her left side, according to the reports. Neighbors discovered the body after Peterson contacted them because he couldn't get ahold of her to drop off their two children from a weekend visit. About 10:40 p.m., a locksmith let them into Savio's home, and Peterson waited outside while neighbors went into the house. He rushed inside after one of them screamed.

Illinois State Police arrived about midnight, after Bolingbrook police called them.

Police interviewed Stacy Peterson for one hour March 3. She said she and her husband had spent the weekend with the children, backing up Peterson's statements made to police a day earlier. She said they had spent Saturday hanging around the house and had gone to the Shedd Aquarium Sunday. The only time Peterson left was Sunday morning to get doughnuts and to go to work Sunday evening. Savio was found the next day, a Monday.

Peterson told police during his 65-minute interview that his divorce from Savio was "difficult at times," but that their "relationship had gotten a lot better" after he married Stacy.

Savio's relatives, who were never convinced she died in an accidental drowning, said police ignored their suspicions. For one thing, said Savio's older sister, Anna Doman, her body was found with short fingernails.

"It looked like somebody had cut her nails. She always let her nails grow; she was into that natural, long nail," Doman said.

Doman said no one in her family was interviewed by state police. She said authorities ignored her request to look through a suitcase full of documents Savio had saved regarding her ongoing fight with Peterson.

Savio's body was found weeks before their divorce's financial settlement was to be finalized.

"We tried to get somebody to at least look, investigate," Doman said. "Nothing, nothing, nothing."

eslife@tribune.com

mwalberg@tribune.com
Report Spam   Logged

northtxmom

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 04:53:47 pm »

This is the first time I've ever heard that Kathleens nails had been cut and that Stacy definately gave DP the alibi for that weekend. Sure sounds like they are getting close to naming him as a suspect, finally! I would really like to see him fry for both Kathleen and Stacy but it sure looks like they are going to get him on Kathleen.  I'm still holding on to hope that Stacy is found though!!
Report Spam   Logged
shark
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 12:13:07 pm »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-il-coronerretained,0,7090740.story

Will County Boards decides to keep coroner
Associated Press
3:25 AM CDT, August 19, 2008
JOLIET, Ill. - The Will County Board has decided against giving voters a chance to decide whether the elected coroner should be replaced by an appointed medical examiner.

The board had been examining the issue since last spring. However, some who voted Monday against the proposed switch said they did so because they didn't know the cost of switching to a medical examiner's office. Others said they didn't believe the system needed changing.

The proposal to switch from an elected coroner to an appointed medical examiner arose from the controversy sparked by the Drew Peterson investigation. Under Coroner Patrick O'Neil, a coroner's jury in 2004 ruled the death of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, an accident.

Now, the former Bolingbrook police sergeant is a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy, and Savio's case has been reopened as a murder investigation.

Information from: Chicago Tribune,
Report Spam   Logged
Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 07:34:09 pm »

Will County Board votes to keep coroner
Voters will not have say on choosing medical examiner

By Erika Slife | Chicago Tribune reporter
    August 19, 2008

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chicago/chi-will-coroner_19aug19,0,3454237.story

After two hours of sometimes emotional testimony Monday, the Will County Board narrowly rejected a proposal to put a question on November's ballot on whether the elected coroner should be replaced by an appointed medical examiner.

Although the GOP-controlled board has been examining the issue since last spring, some members said they voted down the proposal because they didn't know the cost of switching to a medical examiner's office. Others said they didn't believe the system needed changing.

"I don't really think we had all the information," said Tom Weigel (R-New Lenox), who joined six other Republicans and seven Democrats to defeat the proposal 14-12. "I think it sprung up in a real short span of time."

The issue marked the first political fallout from the Drew Peterson investigation. Under the watch of Democratic Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil, a coroner's jury in 2004 ruled the death of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, an accident.

Now, the former Bolingbrook police sergeant, 54, is a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy, and Savio's case has been reopened as a murder investigation. O'Neil's office has been under fire for its role in the initial investigation of Savio's death.

"Overall, I see it as a knee-jerk reaction to the Peterson-Savio situation," said Joseph Baltz (R-Shorewood). "I don't see that economically in the long run that we could accomplish it in our budget."

Critics of the proposal, including Will County State's Atty. James Glasgow, said it could cost millions of dollars to switch systems. An accredited medical examiner and staff would have to be hired, and toxicology labs would have to be built. In Illinois, only Cook County has a medical examiner system.

"How will this county board find the money to fund this proposed medical examiner system?" said Mike Van-Over, president of Local 1028 of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees. "Is this what the tax-paying families of Will County deserve—a politically motivated rush job?"

But about a dozen supporters of Stacy Peterson attended the board meeting to show their support for the medical examiner system. Those who testified at the meeting said they believe the coroner system failed Savio and Stacy Peterson.

"I truly believe that if a medical examiner had been in place, Kathleen Savio's death would have been ruled a homicide four years ago," said Brenda Korneder of Bolingbrook. "That her family would not have had to endure the torment of an exhumation to confirm their fears and that they might have justice instead of pain and sorrow."

Stacy Peterson's sister, Cassandra Cales, said: "I believe in my heart that had Kathleen Savio's case been properly handled, my sister would most likely be alive today."

Board Chairman James Moustis (R-Frankfort) said he would like to establish a task force to study the issue.

eslife@tribune.com
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 07:42:19 pm »

Remember hearing that Stacy saw dp putting some womens clothes in the washer late at night? He probably washed them before he took them to goodwill. This seems to confirm that rumor! There were NO clothes or towels found in the bathroom, the shampoo was not knocked over, her nails were cut, and the bed was a mess. They really dropped the ball on this one, and it was the state police?? God I hope ISP has better sense now than they did then. No wonder dp thinks he can get away with anything.
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 08:02:49 pm »

Ok, I'm talking to my self now.... did Stacy tell that story to the reverend? Where did it come from? I think it was the reverend, if not there is someone else out there who knows more. When you see all these pieces start fitting together...wow, it's like a light turns on, no more darkness.

I know there are those who maintain that Stacy was guilty as an accomplice after-the-fact. Maybe she was, but I would assume he told her some story about how ks was going for a gun and it was self defense, or something of the sort to lessen his guilt in her eyes. I would assume she lived with the speculation for a while before she realized it was murder for money. We will NEVER know how scared she was to figure out that the man she was married to is capable of killing the Mother of his children.  The fact remains that Stacy has "unfortunately" been punished to the most extreme degree for any knowledge she may have had of Kathleen's death and there is STILL a killer on the loose.
Now two families grieve and four kids are Motherless. My thoughts are with BOTH families tonight.
Report Spam   Logged

northtxmom

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 09:49:37 pm »

Blue, that has always been my thinking too.....I have always thought that he made up some story about Kathleen coming after him so he would look like the victim. Maybe he even told her that Kathleen was a threat to Stacy and the kids, who knows but I'm positive that he made up something to make it seem as though he was protecting himself and his family. Remember the story about DP and Stacy going to Kathleens w/the camcorder? I'm sure that was the same thing, he convinced Stacy that kathleen was crazy and needed to record her when he went out of his way to push Kathleens buttons knowing how she would react, he totally set her up.

It amazes me that he has been free this long. If he is capable of manipulating and mentally abusing so many woman, can you imagine what he is doing to his children? Makes me sick to think of it, I can't understand why he is not in prison!!
Report Spam   Logged
shark
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 11:51:30 pm »

BBPD and ISP dicks ARE NOT DUMB, ITS A DAMN COVER UP!!!

The reports also show he was walking around the scene before state police arrived. At one point, he was alone in the bathroom with Savio's body and told emergency responders, "This is my ex-wife. Treat the scene with respect."
OK NOW IM SEEING THAT EMS WAS ON SCENE 1ST.
NOW THEY DOCUMENT,  NO CLOTHES ,NO TOWELS, BOTTLES IN UPRIGHT POSITION.
PETERSON WAS WALKIN AROUND SCENE BEFORE COPS ARRIVE.

NOW MEDICS CAN PLAINLY SEE CYANOSIS. NO RESPIRATIONS, LIVIDITY, ABSCENCE OF LIFE JUST BY OBSERVATION.

NOW THERE ARE NO COPS ON SCENE. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO DISTURB SCENE FOR ANYTHING TILL COPS GET THERE.
KITTY WAS ABSOLUTELY 000.
THEY WAIT FOR LE, AND FOLLOW THEIR REMAINING PROTOCOL OF EKG CONFIRMATION , AND THEN FOLLOW ORDERS FROM LE AS TO NATURE OF INCIDENT.

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD CONFIRM ACCIDENT ON THIS PARTICULAR CASE....
LOOK AT SURROUNDINGS. LOOK AT VICTIM, NO HX.,MISSING FOR 2 DAYS, BBPD KNOWS DREWS HX. W/ SAVIO, AND WE GOT NO FOUL PLAY, and no TRAUMATIC DEATH!!!!

So why NO TRAUMATIC DEATH HERE?
SNIP~~~
According to a report from that night, Deputy Coroner Mike VanOver asked Robert Deel, a crime scene technician for the state police, and "detectives if there was any reason to believe that this was a traumatic death and they stated NO, therefore the homicide/suspicious death protocol was not followed."

VanOver wrote in his report that he had notified his superiors that "the protocol was not being followed . . . because it was felt at that time by all parties that there were not signs of foul play or trauma for this death investigation."
She hit her head on something, didnt she? She is a healthy human found 000 WHY NO TRAUMA?
SNIP~~~
Why NO SUSPICIOUS PROTOCOL followed, it doesnt make any sense.
They ISP and BBPD CAN NOT BE THAT STUPID!!!!
IT WAS A COVER UP PERIOD!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 02:33:06 am »

Yep we got some serious ??'s going on here and elsewhere, Shark is ALL wound up and she is not alone! They better get this crime solved as well as Stacy's disappearance soon, and I mean NOW!!
Report Spam   Logged

shark
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 03:15:31 am »

I LOVE SUSAN MURPHY MILANO

Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Gambling and Crime Solving a Deadly Combination

Four and a half years later, yet another botched crime scene in picture perfect Will County, Illinois is left with many unanswered questions.

The first issue of concern: why did the Bolingbrook Police Department look the other way when they arrived at the gruesome crime scene of Sgt. Drew Peterson's former residence?

Explanation, because he was a cop, part of the brotherhood, one of their own.
In my opinion, when it is officer related, departments across the country do not always follow the rules.
Classic example: when Bolingbrooks emergency medical response team arrived at Drew Peterson's home ( I say this because their financial situation was yet to be finalized) the "buddy boys in blue" did not contact a supervisor. Instead, they interviewed Sgt. Peterson for approximately sixty-five minutes.
Rather odd, no towels on the floor, no visible signs that Kathleen Savio even took a bath.
Kathleen Savio was a woman who took pride in her appearance. Strange that each one of her nails were cut short when her body was discovered ironic, her nails were manicured at a salon just two days before.

The tub is as dry as a bone, no signs of visible water
Each one of the 'bozo boys in blue" from the Bolingbrook Police Department knew for a fact, Kathleen Savio and Drew Peterson had a heated and stormy relationship. This is also a reason, despite an alibi or statement to investigate further. There was financial gain and motive for Peterson. Another red flag.

The Will County State's Attorney's Office did not properly preside over the initial coroner's inquest. If they had Peterson would have been indicted, charged and found guilty in the death of Kathleen Savio.
The file tucked away in the offices at the Will County court house held the key in Kathleen Savio's death. Sadly, that important case file in which Kathleen sent letters, filed for an order of protection and wrote of fearing for her life, to the State's Attorney was never entered into the first grand jury hearing.

An abuser is extremely clever at making others believe in their daily surroundings, to friends, family and co-workers their "victim" is crazy.
It would take the vanishing act of Stacy Peterson before the elected officials in Will County treated the murder of Kathleen Savio, seriously. This was after Kathleen's family tried and failed to get someone's attention in the matter.

I should mention Will County is a very nice place to visit. Their recent attraction is Harrah's Hotel and Casino bringing additional jobs and dollars to the area and in my opinion, not much else.
Everyone in Will County from the Bollingbrook Police Department, Will County State's Attorney's Office, Mayor of Bolingbrook and surrounding townships anxiously sharpened their pencils inflating their "batman and robin" crime crusading budgets. In an effort to make Will County, safer for its' tax paying and visiting Harrah's Casino patrons.

But, for the families of Nicole DeYoung, Lisa Stebic, Stacy Peterson and many others, they could care less about a gambling casino that generates dollars to make the County a better place to live. They deserve answers.

All they are asking is for the Elected Officials in Will County to do their jobs!

Posted by Susan Murphy-Milano at 10:53 PM   

Report Spam   Logged
Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 05:18:50 pm »

NO ****!!!
Report Spam   Logged

tweety

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 07:51:57 pm »

Drew Peterson’s lawyer is claiming he’s found new evidence backing Peterson’s story that his missing wife, Stacy, left on her own.
Attorney Joel Brodsky says the new information was used as evidence by the Illinois State Police when they applied for a search warrant for Peterson’s home. Brodsky released the information, which he says comes from a police interview with a junior college friend of Stacy Peterson’s.

The name of the student is blacked out, but the material reads, “according to (blank) a fellow student from joliet Junior College with Stacy Peterson, Stacy complained to (blank) over drinks after class on October 27, 2007, at approximately 4:30 p. m. that she wanted out of her marriage.
“(Blank) suggested to her at that time that she should take the cash money and not use her credit cards to preclude being found. She responded that if she was to leave, she would leave in the morning when drew was asleep.”
The alleged conversation occurred the day before Stacy Peterson disappeared. The warrant for the house search was issued last October.
The state police say they’re not familiar with the document and will look into it.

(Copyright ©2008 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved
Report Spam   Logged
Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 09:05:51 pm »

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6340746

Peterson attorney says Stacy talked to friend about leaving

Drew Peterson's lawyer is claiming he's found new evidence backing Peterson's story that his missing wife, Stacy, left on her own.

Attorney Joel Brodsky says the new information was used as evidence by the Illinois State Police when they applied for a search warrant for Peterson's home. Brodsky released the information, which he says comes from a police interview with a junior college friend of Stacy Peterson's.

The name of the student is blacked out, but the material reads, "according to (blank) a fellow student from joliet Junior College with Stacy Peterson, Stacy complained to (blank) over drinks after class on October 27, 2007, at approximately 4:30 p. m. that she wanted out of her marriage.

"(Blank) suggested to her at that time that she should take the cash money and not use her credit cards to preclude being found. She responded that if she was to leave, she would leave in the morning when drew was asleep."

The alleged conversation occurred the day before Stacy Peterson disappeared. The warrant for the house search was issued last October.

The state police say they're not familiar with the document and will look into it.
(Copyright ©2008 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The cops don't know about this story?? 

wasn't cass with her that day?

Show me the interview fuckwad! Ya wanna talk? then show it like you wanted to show that pic of tom, go on tv and bring it ya ****! We wanna see it, then ask dipshit where stacy is!

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum