MyBlueShark
March 29, 2024, 12:54:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Aug. 15th, 16th, & 17th

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aug. 15th, 16th, & 17th  (Read 486 times)
Blue
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
Global Moderator

« on: August 15, 2008, 01:04:14 am »

Ok, another one to fill up. Lets hope for good news. I think dp is awfully quiet, maybe he is a little nervous..? yep.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

tweety

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 08:48:51 am »

Have you seen this?Tipster assists in sex offender notification

Call alerts law enforcement of status of out-of-state sex offender

by Kevin Lilly
Pharos-Tribune news editor

With the help of a tipster, an investigator with the Cass County prosecutor’s office learned that an Illinois man who was recently charged with battery is a sexual predator in his home state.

Investigator Pat Shively received information from a member of the public that 29-year-old Yelton Cales of Downers Grove, Ill., is a sexual predator required to register annually for the rest of his life. Shively said the prosecutor’s office was not aware of Cales’ background.

“We really appreciate comments like this,” Shively said.

He encourages others to call as well. Sex offenders must register, but not all do when required. The public can be a big help in compliance with the registry law, Shively said.

Cales was arrested in Logansport on July 24 on charges that he attacked three people with a board. Police responded to the 200 block of West Ottawa Street to find the husband of one of the victims holding Cales to the ground.

According to a police report, Cales had nearly collided with another vehicle. He then put his vehicle in reverse and struck a house. Cales allegedly proceeded to fight with three people, including a woman and a juvenile.

Cales has been charged with three counts of battery resulting in bodily injury and endangering a person while operating while intoxicated. At least one more charge could be filed.

Prosecutor Kevin Enyeart said his office must compare Illinois law to Indiana law to determine whether Cales should have registered as a sex offender in Indiana.

“If it correlates to similar Indiana statute that would require him to register, then under interstate compacts, he would be required to register here, but that’s what we have to check into,” Enyeart said.

The victim in Cales’ aggravated criminal sexual abuse conviction was 15 years old. Cales was 25 at the time. He was just recently released from prison.

According to an Illinois Department of Correction representative, Cales completed his sentence on June 4. Before his latest release, he had been in and out of prison multiple times since 2002.

Enyeart said if the law required Cales to register as a sex offender in Indiana, he would pursue the case.

“We’re being very aggressive about failure to register because that gives you and me and all the citizens of our county heads up if a sex offender is moving in next door,” he said. “That’s a benefit for everybody.”

Cales is scheduled to appear in court on Sept. 15 for a pre-trial conference. He paid a bail bondsman $500 to get out of the Cass County Jail.

——————————————

Report Spam   Logged
i4doors

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 09:08:40 am »

thanks tweety. i just don't know what to say.... Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

my posts are my opinion!   the doors   http://photobucket.com/video/the%20doors/ades_julio/ec1b6e12.pbr
Blue
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 09:10:32 am »

So the authorities don't even know IF he was supposed to register?? WTH!? I wonder if the "tipster"is a "jokester" ..Hmmmm
Report Spam   Logged

i4doors

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 09:13:24 am »

hmmm...makes you wonder, huh? this is sad though.
Report Spam   Logged

my posts are my opinion!   the doors   http://photobucket.com/video/the%20doors/ades_julio/ec1b6e12.pbr
northtxmom

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 06:16:32 pm »

Ok, was he visiting Indiana or has he moved there? Does he have to register if he was just visiting? I don't get it!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum