MyBlueShark
March 29, 2024, 05:46:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Drews interviews

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drews interviews  (Read 2568 times)
SheShark
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2008, 11:16:28 pm »

http://www.crimerant.com/?p=1711#comments
I GOT A FUNNY FEELING WE WILL BE SEEING THIS ON STORE SHELVES, NICE TITLE TO A NEW BOOK!

Drew Peterson: Liar, Liar Pants on Fire
It just gets better and better. Can you smell the desperation in the air? Drew Peterson’s lawyer is making threats against M. William Phelps (that’s Matt to his CR family) over comments made on Crime Rant Live radio last week.

While not revealing the specific content of the conversations he had with Peterson and his lawyer Joel Brodsky about a possible book project, Matt indicated that he was appalled and disgusted by what he heard.

I remember Matt telling me the next day that he’d felt like puking after listening to these two blowhards trash the victim. Or in Peterson’s case, the victims.

Anyone knows by now, there’s not much of a future in being Mrs. Peterson.

Peterson’s attorney, Joel Brodsky, posted a comment on the CR radio blog site run by Denny Griffin calling Matt a liar:

Check out this e-mail Mr. Phelps sent to Glen Selig, Drew Peterson’s publicist, after the conference call with Drew (which lasted 62 minutes, not 3 hours - another falsehood by Mr. Phelps - We have the phone records to show this and who was on the call, Drew, Selig, Brodsky and Peter Miller Phelps agent). From reading the e-mail I guess Phelps was not as disgusted as he is leading us to believe. Seems all he is concerned about is the effect Joe Hosey’s book is going to have on ‘the value of what I would do.’ I guess he didn’t have to take a shower after the call and only went to check out if there was going to be any competition for his book.

Matt’s email:

Glenn,
We’re going to have to discuss this: Fatal Vows: The Tragic Wives of Sergeant Drew Peterson (Hardcover) by Joseph Hosey (NAL; July 1, 2008). This puts a wet blanket on what we discussed on Saturday. It brings the value of what I would do down considerably. I do have another idea to discuss with all of you, however. I’ll look forward to your call with Joel and Drew at 10:00 this morning. 860-870-****
Thanks,
M. William Phelps

As an aside, I was the one who told Matt a day later about the other book. He didn’t run out to check on it. But that’s neither here nor there.

Here’s what Matt said today, adding a little fuel to the fire:

Look, I’m not about to get into the minutia of what was said, what was not said, etc … but I can release snips of the conversation on audio if need be. Notice what Joel Brodsky doesn’t deny. Also, during the radio show I specifically said I was very interested in pursuing the Drew Peterson book idea. Didn’t mean I wasn’t feeling dirty about the conversation or the potential book. In fact, my agent and I spoke right after–and I talked to him about my feelings. If they want me to start releasing emails (not just from me or to me), well, I can do that, too. I never signed a confidentiality agreement with them. I spoke to Joel Brodsky a few days after this call and told him–pointblank–that I was having trouble and struggling with some issues involved with the book. I said my journalistic integrity was more important. Drew Peterson would not take a lie detector test for me. That was of great concern. Now, this is the last time I speak about this. I’m done. I’ve moved on. They have an author, or so I’ve been told. … I should [also] probably note that my call with those guys was more along the lines of about 90 minutes (two sides of a 90-minute cassette tape). I had spoken to my agent and Drew’s publicist Glen for an additional half-hour/45 minutes before Drew and Joel came into the conversation, and my agent by himself for approximately 45 minutes before that–all of which centered around the Peterson case/potential book. So the entire process that morning took over three hours. Perhaps I did misspeak in implying that I spoke directly to Drew and Joel for three hours. I apologize if anyone misunderstood me.

An hour on the phone with Peterson and his flack and lawyer would make anyone reach for the hot water spigot and a bar of Dial.

There was plenty of questions from the media when Peterson’s lawyer paraded his client on Larry King and Today not too long ago. In fact, if they’d done his due diligence at all, Brodsky would have known that Matt was not in the hunt for writing a sympathetic tome about Peterson at all. He posted this on CR on January 15th, when the Peterson circus started going from town to town like some kind of old school freak show:

Turn on your TV, in fact, and look at the smut and trash we call entertainment. Now, our favorite former cop, the chief suspect in his wife’s disappearance, is somehow trying to take his situation and spin it into a profitable, 15-minutes of fame moment.

Drew Peterson, the loveable media **** who we couldn’t get away from on TV during those initial moments when his wife went missing, has hired a publicist and, I’m guessing, an agent, too, and is not speaking to anyone, anymore, he said, unless he’s being paid.

Is this not an incredible turn of events in this story? Does this man not have any morals whatsoever? Makes me want to write a book about this clown now and prove how dirty he actually is and expose the true sociopathic behavior he is exhibiting at the current moment.

And Brodsky wanted Matt to write a book about his client?

Un-freaking-believable. Hadn’t he heard of Google?

This entry was posted on Monday, June 30th, 2008 at 8:58 am and is filed under Drew Peterson. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

24 Responses to “Drew Peterson: Liar, Liar Pants on Fire”
A. Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 9:58 am
“Fatal Vows: The Tragic Wives of Sergeant Drew Peterson”

Geez. What a perfect sample of the most shallow, arrogant, narcissistic thought process, displayed in this title.

I cannot wrap my mind around Brodsky or Peterson. But I guess it’s good that they have eachother…

btw–is anyone actually interested in reading a book about this jerk?

Compassrose Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 10:11 am
Only book I want to read about Peterson is the one about his arrest and conviction for the murder of his wife — or, better yet, wives.

Melissa Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 10:15 am
Damn, and I have been waiting on the post about that conversation. This is pretty ridiculous. Perhaps he thinks that Matt is the rich guy just living it up too? If it werent so sad it would be funny.

Jeanne From NC Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 10:38 am
seriously? oh come on! I was listening the entire time and Matt never ONCE mentioned specifics of the call or details of the possible book etc. How did he know about the show? Is he stalking Matt for this exact thing? UGH!

Hey… where’s the letter of the week boys? that was a good one you mentioned and we need a post on it!

Sophie Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 10:38 am
Ditto Compassrose.

Jeanne From NC Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 12:03 pm
this pisses me off:

Isn’t that copyrighted?

Michelle Gray Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 12:06 pm
What a Monday! Looks like the week is starting off with a little Internet fireworks for our 4th of July. How appropriate. I feel your frustration, my friend. This is apparently a big week for pathetic asshats and their lies and false accusations.

A. Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 12:22 pm
Why does that **** you off Jeanne?

A. Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 12:34 pm
Drew says (in an im chat linked above):

“I’m 54 but I look 30 and act 20.”

This guy is so full of himself, maybe more so than anyone I’ve ever read about.

A. Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 1:03 pm
Ok, I read the entire site that CrimeRent posted above. Based on that info alone, Brodsky has his work cut out for him.
It makes any legal threat towards Matt seem quite silly.

I’d have to say that Drew actually acts like he’s 16, but definitely looks like he’s pushing 55.

And that his grammar and spelling are so poor, which is entirely distracting from the seduction he’s attempting. Lol. Sick.

Lisa in OK Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 1:50 pm
“I’m 54 but . . . act 20″

What an insult to 20 year olds.

I think instead of talking about a published author of serious works writing a book about him, he should be working with screenwriters of science fiction - or perhaps Urban Fantasy with a Vampire theme . . .

A. Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 2:13 pm
Lol Lisa.

I’m thinking he should simply stfu–period.

Why isn’t Brodsky advising his client to remain silent?

I hate to give OJ any accolades, but at least he knew to wait until after his acquittal, to start his story-telling.

CrimeRent Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 2:25 pm
Apparently Joel has posted this response on another site:

“Guess what Mr. Phelps, we do DENY that we asked you to slam Drew’s ex-wifes, and we do DENY that we wanted to put Kathleen’s death on Stacy. You lied when you said that. We are glad that you recorded the conversation, even though it is illegal for you to do so. (BTW if you recoded the phone conversation you should consult your lawyer because conneticut is a two party notification state. Did you just admit that on the internet that you committed a crime? Not to smart for a “True Crime Author” and “Investigative Reporter”.) But don’t just play snippits, play the whole thing if you are going to play anything. And go ahead and release any e-mail you want. We have nothing to hide.”

Terri Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 3:08 pm
I agree with Compassrose about the type of book I’d like to read about Drew.

I cannot believe that Brodsky is even an attorney. He just acts SO unprofessional and immature.

M. William Phelps Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 3:19 pm
Two party state, indeed. I asked my agent, who was on the phone with me FIRST during that conference call, if he minded that I tape record. He said no. Also, NY is a one-party state. My agent called me from NY.

Also, the email Joel released from me had this with it: “Notice: The information contained in this email and any attachments may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete all copies of this email and any attachments immediately from your computer system. You should not retain, copy or use this email or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other person. The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of M. William Phelps. Thank you.”

Furthermore, as Gregg pointed out during our interview, I was clearly speaking my opinions about the call and NOT disclosing any information from it. I’m done with this. I will not facilitate further media publicity for them.

I certanly DO NOT need to defend myself.

M. William Phelps

Sophie Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 3:38 pm
Matt, I know that you have more integrity than Peterson and his attorneys, etc, so don’t let their BS get to you. All they want is more attention…not happening here!

Jeanne From NC Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 5:30 pm
It pissed me off because like Peterson is claiming, that recording on you tube isn’t of the entire show, it doesn’t even have the conversation leading up to why it was brought up.

The entire conversation was innocent…unlike Peterson. That is my sole opinion and not that of M. William Phelps or this site.

Melissa Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 8:48 pm
Screw them Matt. Let us not forget that Drew likely murdered his wives, and his publicity agent is an asshat who is making money from it. Both their days in the sun are limited.

FIFI Says:
June 30th, 2008 at 11:39 pm
I Second that Melissa!

KDuba Says:
July 1st, 2008 at 4:28 am
Matt, you certainly DO NOT need to defend yourself.

DP makes me sick. He needs to stfu and quit trying to make himself look like some kind of victim. ARGH, I can’t tell you how much he and Brodsky **** me off.

The only victims in this are DP’s wives and the families they left behind…this is MY opinion and not the opinion of those who run this site.

Hang in there, Matt. This is probably not the first time now will it be the last, that you have to deal with BS like this.

KDuba Says:
July 1st, 2008 at 4:29 am
Oops, sorry. I meant to write “NOR will it be the last”

TxMichelle Says:
July 1st, 2008 at 6:23 am
Interesting that his lawyer thinks fighting a battle on the internet with an author is what his pay is worth. This comes across as not letting the horses out of the barn sort of lawyering.

Besides, we all know that DP is a liar. It is what he does (not best). So it would seem fitting that this is the type of person he found to represent him.

Everything comes around. He will get his in the end. Sometimes, God has a sicker sense of judgement then we could ever dream of.

Believer Says:
July 1st, 2008 at 6:26 am
Matt,
I can understand you not wanting to engage Joel Brodsky in a website quarrel….but please help to reveal the unprofessionalism that this attorney continues to display and is a disgrace to the legal profession. I am appalled that the Illinois Bar Association has made no attempts to reign him in or reprimand him for the numerous, outlandish accusations this man has posted all over the internet. I feel for his law partner to have to be associated with this gentleman.

Dana Says:
July 1st, 2008 at 6:34 am
I have an off-topic question…..Do you moderate or screen replies prior to posting them?

« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:07:05 am by Shark » Report Spam   Logged
Blue
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2008, 06:45:35 pm »

http://www.prnewschannel.com/absolutenm/templates/?a=971&z=4
Drew Peterson Goes Before a Live Studio Audience for 'Dr. Phil'
'Dr. Phil' featuring Drew Peterson, which airs Monday, devotes the entire hour to missing spouse Stacy Peterson and death of third wife Kathleen Savio.
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2008, 03:22:17 am »

Ok, shark watched Dr. Phil interview dp. dr. Phil askes dp why he was at the canal, dp says he was looking for Stacy. We are trying to find the whole video of the show to give that part more attention because this is the first time we heard dp admit he was at the canal. We all assumed he was there because LE had a reason to search the canal and now it seems dp has confirmed that for us. So, dp was at the canal when Cass called him at 11:15 which would cause the phone to ping and he HAD to answer the phone to give Cass some info about Stacy's sudden disappearance besides the fact that he wanted to learn what she was thinking at that time. He KNEW his location would probably be investigated, but why did he tell Cass he was at home? Did he really think no one would suspect him, or did he **** up and get busted in a lie?......he **** up, he didn't expect a call and was trying to throw Cass off by telling her he was home, he didn't know she was just down the street from his house and she KNEW he was NOT at home. Ok another question...why would an innocent man lie about his location to his sister-in-law? He wouldn't, that's how we know he is guilty.
So, if anyone has any way to get a copy or the video of the Dr. Phil show with out paying 30 bucks. let us know.

Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2008, 03:41:23 am »

Here is a link to a cell tower map.
http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php
Report Spam   Logged

shark
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2008, 11:17:37 pm »

DR. PHIL INTERVIEWS ****!!!

« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 11:20:48 pm by shark » Report Spam   Logged
Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 01:45:30 am »

I am merging all of his interviews/lies LOL!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum