MyBlueShark
April 20, 2024, 11:03:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Evidence

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evidence  (Read 657 times)
Blue
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 03:01:07 pm »

Am I confused I thought they were on Larry King just the other day? I thought they were going to be on a different show tonight...Hmmmm I'll check it out and report back.
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 03:16:52 pm »

Well I guess the Grandparents will return to Larry King Live for an interview after the discovery of the remains of a child tentatively identified as Caylee.  That is scheduled for tonight. Thanks for the update Shark.
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 10:36:35 pm »

I have merged related topics regarding evidence
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 10:36:58 pm by Blue » Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 07:19:02 pm »

More Bones Found Near Caylee Anthony Home
Police Search Anthony House, Say They are Closer to a Positive ID of Body

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=6464439&page=1

By ANDREA CANNING and SCOTT MICHELS
Dec. 15, 2008

Investigators have found dozens of bones near the home of missing toddler Caylee Anthony, in a wooded area where a child's skull was discovered last week, ABC News affiliate WFTV reported today.

The remains, which were found about quarter-mile from the home Caylee Anthony shared with her mother and grandparents, have not been identified. But a lawyer for Cindy and George Anthony, Caylee's grandparents, said they were bracing for the worst.

"They are devastated by the findings and devastated by the fact that this may be their granddaughter," said Brad Conway.

The two-year-old was last seen in June by her grandparents but and was reported missing in July. Casey Anthony was charged with first-degree murder in October. She has pleaded not guilty.

A water utility worker discovered a child's skull Thursday. FBI agents spent four days scouring the wooded area, removing brush and sifting through mounds of dirt, looking for more clues.

Police sources said the skull, covered with cloth and found inside a garbage bag, still had duct tape attached to the mouth.

DNA results are not expected for another week, but police said the hair color and size of the body are consistent with Caylee Anthony's.

An Orange County Sheriff's Office spokesman said today that "significant finds," in addition to the skull, had been made in the search over the weekend, but declined to elaborate.

After executing a search warrant, investigators removed bags of evidence from the Anthony's home, including a pillow, a vacuum cleaner, pesticides and pool chemicals.

Casey Anthony's defense team, including forensics expert Henry Lee, who worked on the O.J. Simpson and Jon Benet Ramsey cases, had been shut out of the crime scene, according to her attorney.

"We should be able to observe even if not from a distance or have qualified people in there," attorney Jose Baez said.

The resolution of the case will rely heavily on forensic evidence, said Lawrence Kobilinsky, a professor of forensic science at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York City and a member of Casey Anthony's defense team.

"Both the duct tape and the bag are critical pieces of evidence. The duct tape, especially on the adhesive side, can reveal fingerprints, perhaps trace evidence, fiber, soil," Kobilinsky said. "Certainly for comparison purposes, examining this type of substance found in the Anthony home, I think this is what law enforcement is going to be looking into."

The family is "devastated" by the discovery of the remains, said Conway. He said they were continuing to support their daughter.

Caylee's uncle, Lee Anthony, the brother of Casey Anthony, dismantled a memorial of pictures, stuffed animals and flowers in the family's yard Saturday and warned reporters, "Don't follow me into the yard or I'll call law enforcement."

Scientists found evidence of body decomposition and traces of chloroform in Casey Anthony's car trunk, according to forensics reports released in October.

Lab reports from the FBI found that a hair strand in the trunk showed "characteristics of apparent decomposition." The hair is "microscopically similar" to hair strands found on Caylee's brush, but the report said it could not conclusively say the hair in the trunk came from the missing girl.

Casey had been considered a "person of interest" in her daughter's disappearance since mid-July after police reported in a bond hearing that they believed they found that evidence of decomposition in the car.

CLICK HERE for a timeline of the case.

Casey's Curious Attitude

But what unsettled investigator Padilla more than Anthony's imprecise information is her overall attitude.

"She has shown no emotion," Padilla told ABCNews in July. "That's unusual. At the time of the interviews ... she didn't seem concerned and that made this case much stranger."

"She spoke to deputies like she was talking about baseball. How do you get through to someone like that?" he added.

But Anthony revealed the entire range of emotion in videos of jailhouse conversations between her and her parents which were released last week.

In the more than 300 minutes of video released by the Orange County Sheriff's Department, Casey Anthony is shown laughing, crying and growing frustrated with the investigation and her family's questions.

When her mother, Cindy Anthony, confronted her with lead Detective Yuri Mellich's suspicions that she had had something to do with Caylee's disappearance, her daughter dodged the issue.

"Yuri [Mellich] has it set in his mind. He thinks you've done something to Caylee," Cindy Anthony told her. At that point, her daughter got up and, when she returned, steered the conversation in a different direction.

Casey Anthony also said that she knows the conversations are being recorded and said,"there are things [she] directly needs to say" to each of her parents.

And to her missing daughter, Caylee, Anthony asked her mother to pass along a message that "Mommy loves her very much, and that she's the most important thing in this entire world to me. And to be brave."
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2008, 08:10:37 pm »

Duct Tape Found Stuck To Mouth Of Child's Remains

Friday, December 12, 2008 – updated: 12:07 pm EST December 13, 2008

http://www.wftv.com/news/18264817/detail.html#-

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- All evidence is starting to show the remains found in east Orange County were likely Caylee Anthony and late Friday afternoon Eyewitness News obtained the 911 call made after the discovery.

Detectives have told Caylee's mother's attorney that the body size and hair color of the remains recovered are similar to Caylee's and the discovery of the child's skull with duct tape on the mouth is telling a much more gruesome story.

The residence on Hopespring Drive was cleared Friday morning as a crime scene and George and Cindy Anthony returned there in the afternoon (watch video | see images) after spending Thursday night at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel (see map). They left the house a few hours later to spend another night out at a hotel.
Report Spam   Logged

northtxmom

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 11:34:11 pm »

In this jailhouse video w/her parents Cindy Anthony says to Casey...."We've forgiven anything you said, we're done." Casey's response to Cindy was " I haven't said anything, don't worry." Then they started talking about other things. I found this very odd, I think Cindy was talking about the phone call where Casey blasted the entire family on that first night, I have no idea what Casey was talking about. I swear that Cindy knows more than she's saying but that's just my opinion.

here's the video link:

http://www.wftv.com/video/18205452/index.html

This news site http://www.wftv.com has all the videos and documents that have been released by the police. There is a lot of information there from the beginning.

Report Spam   Logged
shark
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2008, 06:22:01 am »

In this jailhouse video w/her parents Cindy Anthony says to Casey...."We've forgiven anything you said, we're done." Casey's response to Cindy was " I haven't said anything, don't worry." Then they started talking about other things. I found this very odd, I think Cindy was talking about the phone call where Casey blasted the entire family on that first night, I have no idea what Casey was talking about. I swear that Cindy knows more than she's saying but that's just my opinion.

here's the video link:

http://www.wftv.com/video/18205452/index.html

That family is so wierd.... That is such a wierd thing to say too... WOW. It such a sad story ...That baby is not supposed to be dead....very sad Cry

This news site http://www.wftv.com has all the videos and documents that have been released by the police. There is a lot of information there from the beginning.

Report Spam   Logged
Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 11:07:02 pm »

I found this document website, it has everything! You can read the police paperwork and all, I will be wading thru this for quite a while.

http://www.docstoc.com/search/casey-anthony-documents/
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 12:02:09 am »

updated 6:13 p.m. EST, Sun December 21, 2008

Again, investigators search Caylee's grandparents' house
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/21/caylee.grandparents/

ORLANDO, Florida (CNN) -- Investigators carried away several bags and boxes of potential evidence from the home of Caylee Anthony's grandparents on Saturday, shortly after they finished searching woods nearby where the toddler's body was found.

George and Cindy Anthony were home when the search warrant was served at 3 p.m., a spokesman for the Orange County, Florida, sheriff's office said. Their daughter, Casey, who was the child's mother, is being held at the Orange County jail, charged with her daughter's murder.

It was the third such search of the Anthony home in the 10 days since the child's remains were found. The spokesman, Angelo Nieves, would not describe the items taken other than to say they were "of evidentiary value."

Just minutes before the search of the Anthony home began, investigators concluded their painstaking search of the scene where a county meter reader found a plastic bag containing the skull of a small child on December 11.

Other skeletal remains, including bone fragments as small as a pea, were uncovered after investigators marked off grids and sifted through the underbrush, leaves and dirt.

The remains were identified as Caylee's on Friday through DNA, and her death was ruled a homicide.

A large crowd of onlookers gathered as authorities left the search area on Saturday, CNN affiliates reported. The area was marked with "No Trespassing" signs, and a surveillance camera was installed, affiliate WFTV reported. The investigation has now shifted from a missing-persons search to a homicide prosecution.

Casey Anthony, 22, faces charges including first-degree murder in the disappearance and death of Caylee, who was 2 when she vanished last summer.

The mother's defense team had claimed since her October indictment that the child might still be alive, even claiming witnesses had spotted Caylee since her disappearance.

The defense team has fought unsuccessfully in court for access to the autopsy, the forensic evidence and to the scene where the remains were found.

Nieves, the sheriff's spokesman, said the defense was notified at 11:30 a.m. that the scene would be released. But, Nieves said, attorney Jose Baez told him the defense would not be responding to the scene.

The formal identification of the remains "has really cut the legs out of the defense," Stacey Honowitz, an assistant Florida state's attorney, said Friday night on CNN's "Larry King Live."

But the lack of a cause of death and the absence of any soft tissue on the toddler's skeletal remains poses a challenge for prosecutors, forensic expert Lawrence Kobilinsky -- a consultant for Casey Anthony's defense -- told King.

"If you don't have a cause of death, isn't it possible that it might have been an accident?" Kobilinsky said.

A murder conviction would require proof the victim was killed intentionally. Legal experts say duct tape reportedly found on the body could convince a judge or jury that Caylee's death was not an accident.

Perhaps of greater significance, though, is Casey Anthony's behavior since -- and even before -- her child went missing. According to earlier reports, Caylee was the result of an unintended pregnancy, and Anthony made an attempt to give her up after birth. She referred to Caylee as "the little snot head" and continued to maintain an active social life.

Anthony did not tell her family for a month that Caylee had vanished. It was the child's grandmother who called police. Casey Anthony told conflicting stories at the beginning of the investigation, including a tale that Caylee was with a nanny. The name and address turned out to be bogus.

Casey Anthony's social life continued as police searched for Caylee -- including one memorable entry in a "Hot Body Contest" at an Orlando bar.

Investigators said they found the scent of decomposing flesh and a trace of chloroform, a powerful knockout agent, in the trunk of a car Anthony drove at the time. Anthony's family offered various explanations, including a rotting pizza and a dead squirrel.

On the Anthonys' home computer, police found there had been searches for chloroform, missing children and "neck-breaking," although Garavaglia said Friday that she did not find evidence of trauma to the bones.

"The prosecution is going to have a great deal of circumstantial evidence, and this is a physical evidence case," Kobilinsky said. "This is not a question about credibility, although obviously a jury looks at credibility and contradictions, but the physical evidence will either include her or exclude Casey. It's an uphill battle for the defense."

Nevertheless, forensic expert Kathy Reichs, who also is working with Anthony's defense team, sees an opening.

"Given that there's no evidence as to the cause of death ... you could have an accidental death and a mother that panics," she told King. "There are alternative explanations."

Perhaps not enough to save Casey Anthony, said famed defense attorney Mark Geragos, who is not associated with the case.

"The defense will try to focus, I'm sure, on all of the forensic evidence and whatever else they can do," he told King. "But they're always going to be up against it with the 'She didn't act right' evidence, and that's the hardest thing to combat in this case."
advertisement

Prosecutors don't need to show what killed Caylee, Geragos said. The defense needs to overcome Casey Anthony's statements and behavior.

"Somebody is going to have to give an explanation at some point as to when she last saw the child, who she gave the child to," he said. "And until that is done, I don't care what they put together, it's not going to carry any weight."
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum