MyBlueShark
March 29, 2024, 05:23:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

$225,000 Reward Offered For Info Leading To Caylee's Safe Return/sightings

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $225,000 Reward Offered For Info Leading To Caylee's Safe Return/sightings  (Read 632 times)
Blue
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
Global Moderator

« on: July 23, 2008, 11:47:58 am »

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j1_vluDDVahlh34VofFJP0tSCTNAD9236O701

Prosecutor: Missing Fla. girl may have been killed

By TRAVIS REED – 17 hours ago

Casey Anthony wipes tears from her eyes at a bond hearing at the Orange County courthouse in Orlando, Fla., Tuesday, July 22, 2008. The 22-year-old mother reported her daughter missing last week, more than a month after the little girl allegedly disappeared. Anthony faces charges of child endangerment, making false officials statements and obstructing a criminal investigation.(AP Photo/Red Huber, pool)

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The mother of a missing 2-year-old is a person of interest in a case that is beginning to look like a homicide, prosecutors said Tuesday. Sheriff's deputies said they still hope to find the girl alive.

Casey Anthony, 22, is charged only with child neglect and lying to investigators. Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland set her bond at $500,000 Tuesday, saying the law did not allow him to hold her without bail.

He set the unusually high amount after hearing about evidence of human decomposition allegedly found in Anthony's yard and car. Her daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony, has been missing since mid-June.

"Not a bit of useful information has been provided by Ms. Anthony as to the whereabouts of her daughter," Strickland said. "And I would add that the truth and Ms. Anthony are strangers."

Anthony is charged with child neglect, making false official statements and obstructing a criminal investigation. Authorities say she did not report the girl missing until last week, and only then at her own mother's insistence.

Sheriff's deputies said Anthony's car smelled of decomposition, and a cadaver-trained German shepherd noted a smell of human remains in the car and her yard. They said they found a stain, dirt and what seemed to be Caylee's hair in Anthony's trunk. A search of the yard turned up no body.

"The risk of her flight if she is released on some low bond increases exponentially, especially now that she's heard this additional evidence and that she is their person of interest," said assistant state attorney Linda Drane-Burdick.

Deputies emphasized they were still looking for the girl — alive — and urged anyone with information to step forward.

Defense attorney Jose Baez requested bond around $10,000. He said Anthony's family can't pay a high bond and she has the right to freedom while facing lesser charges.

"This is not a capital case, and if it were they certainly would file it, if they had evidence to," Baez said. "There is circumstantial evidence of a possible homicide, I will give them that. But circumstantial evidence has not made them confident enough to charge her with any specific homicide or kidnapping, or any capital offense."

Anthony's parents became concerned after her car was towed from a check-cashing business where it had been parked for days. She and the child lived with her parents, and she told them she worked as an event planner at an area theme park.

Investigators say Anthony was unemployed, and a purported babysitter seems to never have existed. The mother and child hadn't been home in the month before investigators were notified that Caylee was missing. Investigators believe the girl's father is dead.

Anthony's mother, Cindy Anthony, acknowledged in court that her daughter had lied before, but said she was a caring mom. The registered nurse believes the girl is alive, and Casey Anthony lied to police because she was somehow threatened. Cindy Anthony said she would even sell her house to free her daughter.

"I know Casey as a person," she said. "I know what she is for a mother and I know there's only one or two reasons why Casey would be withholding something about Caylee. I believe that it's something that someone is holding over her and threatening her in some way."

Casey Anthony's face filled with tears at the hearing, watching her parents at the witness stand and again after Strickland set bail.

"Casey, we love you!" yelled Cindy Anthony as the courtroom cleared.

Her daughter nodded and sobbed before being led away in chains.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 12:12:54 pm »

Could Missing Florida Tot Caylee Be in Atlanta?

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,389246,00.html

The lawyer for Casey Anthony, mother of missing toddler Caylee Anthony, disclosed late Tuesday that the family had received a credible tip that a small child matching Caylee's description was seen boarding a flight to Atlanta at Orlando International Airport.

The tip was even more credible because the person reported that the little girl pronounced her last name the same way Caylee's grandparents say she does, attorney Jose Baez told FOX News.

The child's grandmother Cindy Anthony confirmed that the lead surfaced late Tuesday. She said the tip was from a woman who lives in Orlando and was left on her voicemail. Cindy Anthony said she called the woman back and they talked.

The caller claimed to have seen Caylee board the flight with an older woman. When she talked to the woman and child, the youngster apparently said her name was Caylee "Antony," pronouncing it without the "h" the way Cindy Anthony says her granddaughter does. When asked her age, the little girl said she was 3; Caylee is almost 3 years old.

Meanwhile, a judge set bond at half a million dollars for Casey Anthony Tuesday after detectives testified that she is a "person of interest" in the little girl's disappearance.
Related

Anthony, 22, has been jailed since last week and was hoping to win release at a bond hearing in Orange County, Fla. The whopping $500,000 she needs to post will make it difficult for Anthony to get her wish.

Prosecutors said the case is beginning to look like a homicide.

Anthony's attorney said there is circumstantial evidence of a possible killing, but not enough to give prosecutors the confidence to charge her with homicide, kidnapping or any similar offense.

Detectives revealed that Anthony had become more of a focus of their investigation into her daughter Caylee's disappearance after they found evidence of human decomposition in the trunk of a car she drove.

Detective Yuri Melich testified that strands of hair similar to those of Caylee Marie Anthony as well as dirt were found in the trunk of a car used by her mother.

The odor of "decomposition" was also detected in the vehicle, he told the judge presiding over Casey Anthony's bond hearing Tuesday afternoon.

"The smell I smelled was that of decomposition," Melich said.

When asked whether he considered the child's mother a suspect in her disappearance, Melich said he'd classify her as a "person of interest."

Melich also said a witness he interviewed remembered seeing bruises on Caylee's body and a mark under her eye without knowing that Melich had a photo showing similar marks on the toddler, who has been missing more than a month.

On cross examination, Melich admitted he didn't have any direct evidence that Casey Anthony played a part in her little girl's disappearance.

Investigators used cadaver dogs to search the child's grandparents' yard last week after a neighbor told them Anthony had asked to borrow a shovel around the time her daughter Caylee was last seen.

They have previously said that almost nothing Anthony has told them about her child's disappearance has checked out to be true. They haven't even been able to get information about the child's father, who Anthony has said is dead, Melich testified.

Also at Tuesday's hearing — held to argue over whether or not to release Casey from jail — the child's grandmother said her daughter is a good mom and hasn't committed a crime but has been dishonest before and has had trouble keeping jobs.

"Casey's lied to me in the past and when she's lied she's always told me the truth," Cindy Anthony said. "We've gotten to the bottom of the truth when I talk to her and spend time with her."

She told attorneys that her daughter is her "best friend outside my husband" and she had no reason to believe anything had happened to her granddaughter until last week because she'd "spoken to Casey on a daily basis."

"Without a doubt, she is a great mom," Cindy Anthony testified. "You can see it in her eyes. You can see it when they're together. There's nothing but love."

She said her daughter should be released from jail "because she hasn't committed a crime" and because she needs to help find Caylee.

Cindy Anthony speculated on the stand that someone was threatening her daughter and that's why she hasn't told the whole story about where Caylee is.

Earlier Tuesday, Cindy Anthony said Casey left the child in the care of someone she trusted, but that person betrayed her.

In an interview on FOX News Tuesday morning, she implied that her granddaughter might have been kidnapped.

Casey Anthony has been in prison since last week, when she finally reported her toddler daughter missing on Wednesday at her parents' urging.

Caylee was last seen June 9, according to Anthony — who investigators say has spun a Web of lies in their interviews with her. She was arrested on charges of child endangerment, making false officials statements and obstructing a criminal investigation.

Her attorney denies that his client has been lying to police and says she's been cooperating.

"My client at no time refused to speak with law enforcement," said lawyer Jose Baez at a Monday press conference. “We are focused on trying to find Caylee. We want to find Caylee.”

Anthony was denied bail at a hearing last week.

Cindy Anthony said her daughter "has her reasons why she just can't blurt out the whole story."

"Casey has been trying to tell the police in her own way what she can tell them and the only unfortunate thing is, you know, they want a clear picture," Cindy Anthony told FOX News on Monday. "There's no clear picture. Casey has her reasons why she just can't blurt out the whole story, so she's been honest with them for what she can be honest with."

Volunteers in the Orlando, Fla., were continuing to canvass neighborhoods this week, distributing about 50,000 fliers, according to MyFOX Orlando.

A local foundation and business owner were offering a new reward of a combined $125,000 for any information about Caylee's disappearance or whereabouts, MyFOX Orlando reported. The reward will be in effect for at least the next three months.

Orange County sheriff's detectives say they have few new leads. Authorities are looking into the family's claims that Casey Anthony received a mysterious call from her daughter last Tuesday.
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 02:09:07 pm »

Search For Caylee Hits The Streets

http://cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/7/19/caylee_search_hits_street.html

ORLANDO -- It’s almost two weeks before her birthday, and there’s still no sign of Caylee Marie Anthony.

Caylee's grandparents began handing out fliers at the Publix at Lake Underhill Road and Chickasaw Trail at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, hoping anyone will have information on the girl's whereabouts.

The group that met at Publix also included strangers who just wanted to help.

"My last prayers last night were for this family," said Kathy McGiness, who felt motivated to help search for Caylee. "This morning, waking up, seeing it again, I was like, 'Stop with the praying. Now get out and do something.' So that's why I'm here, to get the fliers and pass them on."

Meanwhile, Caylee's family spoke to reporters about the latest phase of the search and shared some interesting new information.

Earlier this week, we told you about how the 2-year-old's disappearance came to light after Casey Anthony's car had to be towed from an Amscot.

The Anthony family said it was because Casey had run out of gas.

As for the smell of decay inside the car, which some thought could be a clue, the family said the stench was from a piece of rotting pizza in the trunk.

However, Cindy Anthony, Casey’s mother, told reporters she does believe Casey is holding back vital information to protect her family.

"I don't want to wait until afterwards to find Caylee, you understand?” said Cindy. “Our focus has to be on finding Caylee first, and then sorting out all the details of what led up to the reason why we don't have her here in our home afterwards."

Cindy recalled a phone conversation Casey had with Caylee just this past Tuesday. She said the 2-year-old spoke to Casey briefly, but when she asked Caylee to put an adult on the phone, the line was disconnected.

Orange County Sheriff's deputies spent Friday focusing on the backyard of Caylee's grandparents' home, on Hopespring Drive, where Caylee and her mother lived before the toddler disappeared in June. See previous story.
Casey Anthony's Friends React

Friends and family of Casey Anthony are in shock over her recent arrest, describing Anthony as a supportive friend, who got along with everybody.

Rebecca Adams and Krista Balcarvajal said they lost touch with Anthony after high school, and when they saw her again after four years on the news, they said they could not believe it.

"I am extremely shocked," said Adams. "To me, to find somebody that I know that's going through such an emotional roller coaster and not really giving up much information is hurtful to all of her friends and family. You know, everybody's showing a lot of concern for her daughter, and I don't know if something happened to where she feels uncomfortable of disclosing that information, but I personally feel that's not her at all."

"She's blank, she has no emotions. That's not her," said Balcarvajal. "She had a spark, whether -- you know, she was making you feel better, or trying to crack a smile with you -- but the fact that she just sees people, but she doesn't see them -- that's not her. That's not her at all."

Anthony's friends said the last time they spoke to her was online, just months ago, but they had not physically been with her since graduating from high school.
Lawyer: There Are Other Suspects In The Case

Questions are being raised as to whether Casey Anthony had anything to do with her daughter's disappearance.

For the first time, we're hearing from Casey Anthony's lawyer, Jose Baez, who said there are other suspects in the case.

In addition, Baez said he plans to reveal evidence that will exonerate Anthony once they get their time in court.

Meanwhile, a motion was filed Thursday to get her bonded out of jail after a judge denied her first request this week.

He said Anthony has undergone psychological counseling while behind bars, but mental illness is not a factor in her defense.

Baez said Anthony's first priority is finding her daughter, despite some sensationalized media reports.

"She's doing her best to keep it together and to assist in any way she possibly can because now is not the time to lose it,” said Baez. “She needs her composure and her ability to think so it can best help Caylee."

Baez said he is outraged that Anthony is still in jail considering she has not been charged in connection with her daughter's disappearance or harming her in any way.
Report Spam   Logged

northtxmom

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 02:35:29 pm »

Now she shows emotion??   Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 04:57:47 pm »

Blockbuster Clue?

'The Live Desk' legal panel dives into the case of missing toddler Caylee Anthony and the suspicions surrounding her mother

Here is a discussion on video, the cop who smelled it and his description of the hair found in the trunk of the car. Also the grandmother comparing old pizza to the smell of decomposition. Good video!
http://www.foxnews.com/livedesk/index.html
Report Spam   Logged

i4doors

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 05:14:04 pm »

thanks blue...i agree with the ret. detective gene, the mom and grandma both have mental issues... Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

my posts are my opinion!   the doors   http://photobucket.com/video/the%20doors/ades_julio/ec1b6e12.pbr
northtxmom

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 10:40:47 pm »

Blockbuster Clue?

'The Live Desk' legal panel dives into the case of missing toddler Caylee Anthony and the suspicions surrounding her mother

Here is a discussion on video, the cop who smelled it and his description of the hair found in the trunk of the car. Also the grandmother comparing old pizza to the smell of decomposition. Good video!
http://www.foxnews.com/livedesk/index.html

the video won't load for me for some reason!   Cry
Report Spam   Logged
Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 11:30:10 pm »

Hmmm, I just click on link and then the picture of Caylee has an arrow on it-click on it. Don't know why it didn't work for you.
Report Spam   Logged

i4doors

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 09:58:10 am »

worked for me too....poor little caylee. Sad
Report Spam   Logged

my posts are my opinion!   the doors   http://photobucket.com/video/the%20doors/ades_julio/ec1b6e12.pbr
northtxmom

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 02:01:56 pm »

ok I got it to work, I had problems w/my pc all day yesterday but today is fine. not sure what was up with it but there were several videos i couldnt watch yesterday but today i can..... Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 09:44:27 pm »

$225,000 Reward Offered For Information Leading To Caylee's Safe Return

http://www.wftv.com/news/16980411/detail.html
POSTED: 5:49 pm EDT July 24, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- There is a $225,000 reward for information that will help find Caylee Anthony, but where will all of that money come from?

There are a dozen billboards local businesses donated that feature messages to help find Caylee Anthony. The donated billboard and donations from an exotic car dealer of $200,000 for a reward leading to Caylee's safe return are the work of The Never Lose Hope Foundation. It registered as a corporation in Florida just a year ago.

The foundation uses a reverse 911-type technology to allow relatives of missing kids, like Caylee's grandfather, to send recorded messages to thousands of residents at once appealing for tips.

"I really wanted to help the family. And I thought maybe we can apply something we're already doing to this," explained William Rivera, President, Never Lose Hope Foundation.

Even though they also run Florida's Telemarketers' Assocation, they say they're not using their phone banks to raise charity donations at this point. The foundation's website says its IRS charitable status is still pending and its president admits he has not applied with the State Division of Consumer Services for a license to solicit funds from the public.

"Are you not walking a fine line legally calling yourself a charity, yet you really don't have the status yet?" WFTV reporter Robert Maxwell asked Rivera.

"We've secured a fiscal sponsorship through a charity group here in Orlando called CityLinks," he said.

They said they're not asking for money, but if someone does cut the group a check, CityLinks, which has its IRS charity status, will be able to process the donation.

After Eyewitness News started asking questions, the state is planning to send a letter Never Lose Hope Foundation asking what its plans are for public fundraising. Rivera hopes to have the foundation's IRS charity status confirmed within eight weeks.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 10:49:30 pm by Blue » Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 09:50:16 pm »

Caylee Anthony sighted in Georgia, she says; police treat case as homicide

July 24: The family of toddler Caylee Anthony has new hope after a woman reported seeing a girl resembling Caylee earlier this month. NBC’s Ron Mott reports.

Today show
By Mike Celizic
TODAYShow.com contributor
updated 9:15 a.m. CT, Thurs., July. 24, 2008

The Orlando, Fla., toddler who has been missing since early June has been sighted as recently as Tuesday night in Georgia, her grandmother said Thursday.

"Based on two more tips yesterday, two more sightings of Caylee in Georgia as late as two nights ago, makes me very hopeful," Cindy Anthony, Caylee Anthony’s grandmother, told TODAY’s Meredith Vieira from Orlando. "It looks like they’re moving more northern into Georgia, toward the mountains."

Cindy Anthony’s daughter, 22-year-old Casey Anthony, is being held in jail on charges of child endangerment, lying to authorities and criminal obstruction. A judge set bail for her at $500,000, a sum her parents have not been able to raise. She continues to maintain that a baby sitter abducted her daughter Caylee in early June, but she told no one the child was missing for five weeks.
Story continues below ↓advertisement
Click here!

The grandmother said that the girl, who is almost 3, was spotted in the Orlando airport three weeks ago boarding a flight bound for Atlanta with an older woman. The person who called with the tip said she talked to the girl, who said her name was Caylee Anthony and she was 3 years old.

"I want people to look at her picture and picture her as having blond hair right now," Cindy Anthony said of her granddaughter, who is shown in pictures with brown hair.

The woman said that the people who said they spotted Caylee called police and then contacted her. Investigators have said that the tips lacked crucial details.

Abduction or homicide?
The family’s attorney, Jose Baez, who appeared on TODAY with Cindy Anthony, said that police are not doing enough to find the child.

"We want to be respectful to law enforcement, but that only goes so far. We want to see results and we want to see them actually doing a search and not a prosecution. That’s what we’ve been saying all along," Baez told Vieira.

He said that the woman who said she spoke to Caylee at the airport helped police make a sketch of the woman who was with the child. But, he said, authorities have not shown him the sketch. "I don’t know what they’re doing with it," Baez said.

Police have said they’re treating the disappearance as a homicide. In a court hearing earlier this week, investigators said they found Casey Anthony’s car abandoned in a parking lot in late

June. The interior of the vehicle had a strong smell of decomposition, and a dog trained to find cadavers indicated the smell was from human remains. Investigators said they found a stain in the trunk and hair that may have come from Caylee.

Casey Anthony said that she left the car in the parking lot when it ran out of gas. She and her mother said the bad smell was from a piece of pizza that had been left in the trunk and rotted.

Investigators say that Casey Anthony has repeatedly lied to them, about everything from the whereabouts of the child’s father to her employment history. She gave them an address for the baby sitter who is alleged to have taken the child, but it turned out to be an apartment that hadn’t been occupied for months. Casey Anthony said the baby sitter’s name is Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez, but investigators have not been able to locate anyone by that name who meets the description the mother provided.

Cindy Anthony expressed confidence that Caylee is alive.

"We’re just frustrated," she told Vieira. "All we want is Caylee back to us. If people keep looking for Caylee, we’re going to find her, I know that."

A reward for information leading to the recovery of Caylee has been increased to $225,000.
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 12:46:54 am »

Detectives take evidence from home of Caylee Anthony's grandparents

Sarah Lundy and Walter Pacheco | Sentinel Staff Writer
    4:28 PM EDT, August 1, 2008
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-bk-caylee-marie-anthony-080108,0,4123215.story?track=rss

Investigators are not saying what were in the two evidence bags carried out of the Anthony's family home this morning. The items were taken from outside the Hopespring Drive house -- possibly the backyard, said Orange County Sheriff's Deputy Carlos Padilla.

Missing 2-year-old Caylee Anthony's grandparents, Cindy and George Anthony, spent about three hours at the sheriff's office headquarters for a scheduled interview. George Anthony went with crime scene technicians to the house and let them into the garage. The couple continues to cooperate in the investigation.

"They have the same desire we have and it's to locate Caylee," Padilla said.

However, Padilla said, Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, remains in the Orange County Jail and is not cooperating. ""Casey has the key to this," Padilla said. "We still believe that Casey knows more than what she is telling us." Investigators are going to only relying on Casey Anthony.

"If we sat there waiting for her to open up, we would not be gaining any ground in this," he said. "She is obviously an important part of this but she is not in the game."

Cindy and George Anthony left the sheriff's office around 12:15 p.m. They did not comment on their visit with investigators or what was taken from their home. They said they were late to a Caylee fundraiser in Daytona Beach. They drove away in their sports utility vehicle, which is covered with pictures of the missing toddler.

Detectives with the sheriff's office criminal investigation unit made a brief stop at the Anthony's home and walked out carrying two large brown paper bags with evidence. Sgt. John Allen, one of the investigators in the case, gave few details on this morning's visit at the Anthony home.

"We're collecting evidence," Allen said. "That's about all I can say."

Check back for details.
Report Spam   Logged

northtxmom

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 01:20:12 am »

Remember the 1st 911 call when the mother, Cindy Anthony said she wanted her daughter, Casey arrested for stealing her car and money from her? In that she call states to the 911 operator that when  she got the car back, it smelled like a dead body had been in it, so in the beginning she admitted she smelled death in the car too.... now she claims it was old pizza?  I think deep down she knows Caylee is dead, why the sudden change? Either she does have mental issues, she knows something or she wants desperately to believe her daughter would never hurt that baby. IDK. The contradictions and sudden attitude change is very disturbing to me. It  seems this family is hiding something other than Caylee being missing but thats's just my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 08:21:04 pm »

Children's Clothes Found in Woods May Be Caylee Anthony's
Reported by: (Copyright 2008 by Newsroom Solutions)

Monday, Aug 18, 2008 @08:28am CST

http://arklatexhomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=30621

(Orlando, FL) -- New details in the disappearance of a Florida toddler may have been discovered by bloggers.
A group of Internet bloggers have faithfully followed the story of three-year-old Caylee Anthony.
Following tips, they began searching a wooded area of Blanchard Park in Orlando where they found book bags and children's clothing.
Police now have the evidence and are investigating.
Meanwhile, Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, who has been charged with child neglect, may be bailed out of jail today.
The 500-hundred-thousand-dollar-bond may be put up by the host of the National Geographic TV show "Bounty Hunters."
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum