MyBlueShark
April 19, 2024, 06:33:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Brodsky withdraws motion to stay Savio estate hearings

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brodsky withdraws motion to stay Savio estate hearings  (Read 543 times)
northtxmom

« on: July 17, 2008, 12:47:26 pm »

Brodsky withdraws motion to stay Savio estate hearings
July 17, 2008 ·
Drew Peterson’s attorney Joel Brodsky has withdrawn his motion to stay court proceedings on the reopening of Kathleen Savio’s estate.

Brodsky had previously asked the judge to postpone all hearings pending the outcome of an appeal on a decision to reopen the estate.

Savio family attorney Martin Glink said Brodsky faxed him the withdrawal decision Wednesday night. On Thursday, Glink presented the fax to Judge Carmen Goodman, who was supposed to rule Thursday on whether to grant the motion to stay.

No other court dates were set for the case.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Blue
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 12:58:40 pm »

Weeeel isn't that interesting?
Report Spam   Logged

shark
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 02:02:28 pm »

Weeeel isn't that interesting?

Holy Lips batgirl, wtf happened when I was out?  WHAT, OMG!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
northtxmom

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 06:20:27 pm »

I sure thought it was strange, maybe he's finally realizing he's on a sinking ship?Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
northtxmom

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 06:36:10 pm »

Well this explains it a little better, Brodsky says he welcomes the hearings.......

Stewart Warren / SWARREN@SCN1.COM
JOLIET — In May, the lawyers representing Drew Peterson and his uncle asked a Will County judge to stop the court proceedings in Kathleen Savio’s newly reopened probate case until a later date.

Around 3 p.m. Wednesday, they changed their minds.

» Click to enlarge image

JOLIET — Initially, lawyers representing Drew Peterson wanted to stop court proceedings in Kathleen Savio’s newly reopened probate case until a later date. On Wednesday, they changed their minds to encourage a wrongful death lawsuit, which would allow his attorney to question state police and others.

Joel Brodsky sent a fax to the Savio family’s lawyers explaining that he had withdrawn his motion for a stay of the proceedings — meaning his earlier request to bring the reopened probate case to a grinding halt. The Savio family wanted to activate the probate case so they could investigate the possibility of filing a wrongful death lawsuit in the 2004 death of the 40-year-old Bolingbrook woman. If that happens, it’s fine with Brodsky.

“It is more like a gift than a problem,” he said Thursday morning.

A wrongful death lawsuit would give him the opportunity to depose — or question — the state police and others to find out what they know.

“It would almost be like a private grand jury,” Brodsky said.

Report Spam   Logged
shark
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 07:33:25 pm »

This is where Brodsky either finds a possible loop hole, and becomes more knowledgable- or he says, DANG I cant do anymore more harm.....

Yes it does scare me, as I dont like Defense attornies... They are swindlers.... Lack morals.....
Report Spam   Logged
northtxmom

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 09:08:47 pm »

Yep, I'm sure he will come up w/something......speaking of lack of morals, does anyone remember this.........

Joel Brodsky

"When [Joel] Brodsky, 50, got in trouble for forging a dead man's signature to cash a $23,000 check four years ago, he convinced the state board that disciplines lawyers to suspend his license a mere three months instead of the three years originally proposed." - "Brodsky's disciplinary issue came up after he split on bad terms from a former law partner who handled an estate case. Brodsky learned there was $23,000 in an account on which there had been no activity in more than five years. He never called his former law partner, but went in and signed documents under the name of the estate executor to close the account and get the money, which he put in his personal safe. Brodsky told a bank official the executor was "incapacitated." - [11/20/2007 "Peterson lawyer's heavy-handed tactics"]
Report Spam   Logged
shark
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 10:56:01 pm »

WOW, puttin the ol paw in da cookie jar, are we?
I wonder what made the other change their minds? I believe I remember him playing very dumb!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum