MyBlueShark
April 20, 2024, 02:13:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

grand jury

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: grand jury  (Read 2609 times)

« on: May 19, 2008, 03:54:38 am »

When is the grand jury going to be finished? Any one know? Huh?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 06:26:11 pm by Shark » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Blue
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 03:04:23 am »

Stacy Peterson's aunt talks to grand jury

After hours of testimony before a Will County special grand jury investigating the disappearance of her niece Stacy Peterson, Candace Aikin emerged from the courthouse Thursday fighting her emotions.

Another woman also testifies; she later denies relationship with ex-cop

The grand jury also heard from 22-year-old Kimberly Matuska of Darien, who declined to discuss her testimony afterward and denied a law-enforcement source's contention that she and Peterson had a relationship.

She also said she met Peterson's children, and that at one point he told her he loved her and wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, the source said.

By Matthew Walberg and Erika Slife | Tribune reporters
    10:50 PM CDT, May 29, 2008

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-drew-peterson_30may30,0,5122397.story
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 02:39:55 pm »

Aunt: Stacy Peterson wanted out of her marriage

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/lisle/archive/x1346455923/Stacy-Petersons-aunt-testifies
<snip>
After more than three hours of testifying before the grand jury, Stacy Peterson’s aunt Candace Aikin emerged Thursday from the Will County Court Annex building dabbing tears away.

“At the end they asked me what kind of a mother [Stacy] is, what kind of a person she is and would she ever leave her family. That was really hard,” Aikin said, still visibly shaken from her testimony. “I’m glad I was able to talk to the jurors and tell them my love for Stacy and what a great person she is, and to be able to help the case in any way that I can.”
Report Spam   Logged

swisscheez

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 02:01:14 pm »

Aunt: Stacy Peterson wanted out of her marriage

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/lisle/archive/x1346455923/Stacy-Petersons-aunt-testifies
<snip>
After more than three hours of testifying before the grand jury, Stacy Peterson’s aunt Candace Aikin emerged Thursday from the Will County Court Annex building dabbing tears away.

“At the end they asked me what kind of a mother [Stacy] is, what kind of a person she is and would she ever leave her family. That was really hard,” Aikin said, still visibly shaken from her testimony. “I’m glad I was able to talk to the jurors and tell them my love for Stacy and what a great person she is, and to be able to help the case in any way that I can.”

That must have been compelling testimony from Stacy's aunt!  She sounds like a sweet person who wants to know what happened to her niece and was only too pleased to offer any help she could.  Good for her.
Report Spam   Logged
i4doors

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 06:22:32 pm »

don't know if this has been posted...                       
Kathleen Savio's Divorce Attorney Testifies Before Grand Jury 

Last Edited: Friday, 13 Jun 2008, 4:33 PM CDT 
Created: Friday, 13 Jun 2008, 4:33 PM CDT 

The divorce attorney for Drew Peterson's third wife was called before the grand jury Thursday.

Harry Smith, a Wheaton lawyer who represented third wife Kathleen Savio in her divorce from Peterson, did not comment on his way into the closed hearing Thursday afternoon.

In March, Smith said he met twice with Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy, in the five days leading up to her Oct. 28 disappearance, and that the young woman discussed divorcing her husband.

"She was looking for advice regarding a dissolution of marriage, (the) results and ramifications," Smith said at the time. Asked to elaborate, Smith refused, saying, "That would be a good way to be sued."

A special grand jury convened to review the mysterious March 2004 death of Savio and the disappearance of Stacy has been hearing witness testimony since November and is scheduled to run through July, with an option to extend to the coming November.

State police have labeled Stacy's disappearance a "potential homicide" and identified Peterson as their sole suspect.

State police had considered Savio's death an accidental drowning for more than three years. Authorities reversed course after Stacy vanished and concluded the former Bolingbrook police sergeant's third wife was the victim of homicide.

Smith said in January that he expected to be called to testify in court if there ever were criminal charges brought in connection with the death of Peterson's third wife or the disappearance of his fourth.

Report Spam   Logged

my posts are my opinion!   the doors   http://photobucket.com/video/the%20doors/ades_julio/ec1b6e12.pbr
Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 06:35:51 pm »

Very interesting, I hope to hear more about what this attorney knows.
Report Spam   Logged

i4doors

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 07:51:19 pm »

me too blue, me too... Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

my posts are my opinion!   the doors   http://photobucket.com/video/the%20doors/ades_julio/ec1b6e12.pbr
Mirrime

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 09:50:29 pm »

I'm not sure when it's supposed to be finished... I think they had said June or July.  Either one of those would mean it should be finished soon.  Does anyone know when it's supposed to be completed?
Report Spam   Logged
SheShark
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 10:11:21 pm »

I thought they were going past July, if they needed to...
Who knows!
Report Spam   Logged
Mirrime

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 12:03:58 am »

Who knows!
SERIOUSLY?Huh?  Oh my lord I hope it doesn't take that long!!! Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
swisscheez

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 08:08:14 am »

Who knows!
SERIOUSLY?Huh?  Oh my lord I hope it doesn't take that long!!! Shocked

Yes the article said  the GJ could finish the end of July, with a possible extension to Nov. if necessary.  I don't know whether that's a good thing or not!
Ops again, good morning everybody.  I'll be out most of this day, will check in when I return.  Stay safe.
Report Spam   Logged
swisscheez

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 06:48:48 pm »

Good evening my friends, one and all.
I've been doing more thinking about this GJ and Tom Morphey hasn't testified yet, has he??  Wonder if he will....that could be the end, do ya think?? Oh well, I'm just thinking out loud here, is all.
Report Spam   Logged
SheShark
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 09:01:39 pm »

I've been doing more thinking about this GJ and Tom Morphey hasn't testified yet, has he??  Wonder if he will....that could be the end, do ya think?? Oh well, I'm just thinking out loud here, is all.
Swiss, I do not believe he has.
Remember, he is in some sort of protective custody..
I need to look @ all of the facts, as I get foggy on all of it!
Report Spam   Logged
swisscheez

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 03:56:20 pm »

Swiss, I do not believe he has.
Remember, he is in some sort of protective custody..
I need to look @ all of the facts, as I get foggy on all of it!

Hi friends.  Just popping in on my way back out. lol
Yes, I know Tom M is in protective custody, I guess I was looking for his name on the list that was provided and didn't see it, so now I'm wondering what the scoop is, so to speak. Maybe LE want him to remain under wraps until show time. Time will tell.
Report Spam   Logged
Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 04:05:38 am »

Nancy Grace transcript June 27th
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0806/27/ng.01.html

GRACE: And tonight the mystery surrounding 23-year-old mom Stacy Peterson vanishing upscale children suburbs, husband/cop Drew Peterson the prime suspect in his fourth wife`s disappearance. The suspicious bathtub drowning of wife number three officially ruled homicide. Headlines tonight. Peterson`s own 15-year-old son heads to testify behind closed doors in front of a secret grand jury.

What, if anything, did the boy reveal about the suspicious dry bathtub drowning of his mother and the disappearance of his stepmom? Tonight, exclusive photos emerge. Drew Peterson parties hearty at a local bar, taking celebrity photos with all the ladies. Well, shouldn`t Peterson be spearheading the search for his missing wife?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: A grand jury shocker, Drew Peterson`s 15-year- old son called to testify in front of the grand jury, the state`s attorney investigating the disappearance -- the suspicious dry bathtub drowning of Drew Peterson`s third wife, Kathleen Savio, also investigating the mysterious disappearance of wife number four, Stacy Peterson. But Drew Peterson says he`s concerned they would put a 15-year-old boy through four hours of a grand jury grilling.

DREW PETERSON, SUSPECT IN 4TH WIFE`S DISAPPEARANCE: I`ve got kids in the car, you morons.

So I`m just a regular guy doing regular guy stuff.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: A lot of people, one way or another, blame you for what has happened and they might say, Well, it`s a small price to pay when you compare it to what has happened to his wife. How do you respond to that?

PETERSON: Well, if you believe that, fine. And I`m OK with that. But don`t involve my children in this. The media pretty much has me painted as a sinister character lurking around underneath the rocks and stuff. And basically, I`m just a dad raising kids.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This as pictures surface in "The National Enquirer" showing Drew Peterson allegedly partying with the ladies at a local Illinois bar.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: It`s too late for that. Your children were involved when their mother was murdered in the bathtub and their other mother went missing.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: The grand jury investigating the death of Drew Peterson`s third wife and the disappearance of his fourth wife have called Peterson`s very own 15-year-old son.

Peterson telling local reporters he`s upset his son was put through four hours of questioning. This as pictures surfaced in the "National Enquire" showing Drew Peterson allegedly partying with the ladies in a local bar.

The investigation into Kathleen Savio`s dry bathtub drowning heating up. State police tearing out the bathtub from the house where Savio died.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

GRACE: And to top it all off, in addition to his son, his 15-year-old son having to testify in front of a grand jury, thanks to dad being under suspicion, photos of him turn up -- oh, here they are. Nice shot. But that`s not your wife.

These are from the "National Enquirer." Their authenticity has not been challenged. Here is Drew Peterson out having a great night at a bar, taking celebrity photos with all the ladies.

Shouldn`t he be looking for his dead wife?

Out to Kathy Chaney with the "Chicago Defender." What`s the latest with the 15-year-old boy testifying in front of the grand jury?

KATHY CHANEY, REPORTER, CHICAGO DEFENDER: His 15-year-old son was called yesterday before the grand jury about the disappearance of his stepmom Stacy and about the dry bathtub death of his mom, Kathleen Savio, four years ago.

And Drew is upset about that. He said that he only agreed to have his two teenaged sons be interviewed last year at the Will County Child Advocacy Center contingent upon them not being called to the grand jury.

But now he feels that Illinois state police thumbed their nose to his request.

GRACE: Well, you know -- to Joe Hosey, reporter with the "Herald News" and author of "Fatal Vows." Joe, that`s not his decision. Children have to come testify. It`s never a good thing but little children have to come testify in the interest of justice.

JOE HOSEY, REPORTER, HERALD NEWS, AUTHOR OF "FATAL BLOWS": Absolutely, you`re right. And I`m sure that they treated them in a sensitive manner.

In fact, the spokesman for Jim Glasgow stressed that the children were treated well. Drew and Brodsky both told me that they had cut this deal with the state police. They told me that, I think, the end of February right after they were -- they went on Matt Lauer`s "Today" show that they had cut a deal with the state police.

They were annoyed about it then because that`s when the children were actually subpoenaed. They`ve been kind of -- I think they`ve been trying to delay it, fight it. But I guess Tom went Thursday.

GRACE: Do we have any idea what his testimony was, Joe?

HOSEY: Oh, I couldn`t tell you.

GRACE: Right.

HOSEY: I mean, I have no idea what his testimony might have been. They were asking about Kathleen or Stacy or both. I really don`t know. I think Chris will be coming up soon in the next couple of weeks.

GRACE: I think you`re right, Joe.

With me, Joe Hosey and Kathy Chaney.

To Pam Bosco, the Stacy Peterson family spokesperson -- Pam, what was their reaction to the boy testifying at grand jury?

PAM BOSCO, STACY PETERSON FAMILY SPOKESPERSON: We`re -- very pleased that he actually went and finally got a chance to go before the grand jury. You know -- and I was going to say Mr. Drew Peterson should have done his job right the first time, being the great father and dad that he is, and not pled the Fifth when he went before the grand jury. Maybe his son wouldn`t have had to go.

GRACE: You know what? You`re absolutely correct.

Out to the lines, Julia in South Carolina. Hi, Julia.

JULIA, SOUTH CAROLINA RESIDENT: Hi, Nancy.

GRACE: What`s your question, dear?

JULIA: Well, first of all, we love you, Nancy. I just want to tell you that -- you and your family.

GRACE: Thank you. Thank you very much.

JULIA: My question to you is how it is that we`re not keeping him quiet and don`t have a gag order on him. He keeps running his mouth on TV but he don`t want his children to testify. Looks like he`s getting rich off these interviews.

GRACE: You know, to Penny Douglas-Furr and Daniel horowitz, you know, it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black, Penny. He`s talking all over the place, but he doesn`t want anybody else to talk.

DOUGLAS-FURR: I think he just doesn`t want his children to talk. That`s not the same thing as an adult. And there`s really no case, so where could a judge put a gag order? There`s no case yet.

GRACE: And Dan Horowitz, there is no father-son privilege.

DANIEL HOROWITZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: None at all, Nancy. I mean this kid can testify against his father, which he certainly is doing. And Drew can complain all he wants, but he`s got nothing that he can do about it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum