MyBlueShark
March 29, 2024, 02:01:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Grand Jury

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Jury  (Read 285 times)
SheShark
« on: June 26, 2008, 11:31:52 pm »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-drew-peterson_27jun27,0,1841014.story

Drew Peterson's 15-year-old son talks to grand jury
Will County panel investigates death of his mother, disappearance of stepmother
By Erika Slife | Chicago Tribune reporter
8:28 PM CDT, June 26, 2008
Drew Peterson's teenage son testified Thursday before a Will County grand jury investigating the 2004 death of his mother and the Oct. 28 disappearance of his stepmother.

Wearing a suit and tie and appearing composed, Thomas Peterson, 15, left the courthouse garage at about 4:15 p.m. in the passenger seat of his attorney's car.

For months, the grand jury has been looking into the death of his mother, Kathleen Savio, who was found dead in an empty bathtub in her Bolingbrook home. She was only weeks away from a divorce settlement with Drew Peterson when she died.

Authorities decided to take another look at her death—which had been initially ruled an accident—after Peterson's current wife, Stacy, disappeared. Police named Drew Peterson, 54, as a suspect in Stacy's disappearance. In February, Will County State's Atty. James Glasgow said Savio had been murdered.

Video
Related links
Stacy Peterson Web site drops message board
 The search for Stacy Peterson Photos
 Drew vs. the media Photos
 Drew and Stacy Peterson family Photos
Kathleen Savio Photos
Search continues for Stacy Peterson Video
Peterson case timeline Multimedia
Drew Peterson news Peterson has denied any wrongdoing in either case. Reached by phone Thursday, he said he was concerned about the welfare of his son.

"He's been at the grand jury for what? Four hours?" Peterson said. "That's concerning [to me that] they'd put any 15-year-old kid through all that grilling."

A spokesman for Glasgow's office, Charles Pelkie, said he could not comment on grand jury proceedings. However, he said that in all investigations, young witnesses are always treated with care.

"What I can say is that any time young people are questioned with regard to any investigation, I'm speaking broadly here, we take every extra step to make sure they're treated properly and respectfully," he said. "We do everything that we can to limit the stress and the anxiety that may be caused in any interview."

Thomas, and his younger brother, Kristopher, 13, were interviewed in the Will County Children's Advocacy Center in November.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Blue
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 12:38:35 am »

Sounds like they saved the best for last, I'll bet they wrap up soon.
Report Spam   Logged

Dearheart

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 01:58:10 pm »

my guess is they are almost done

I can understand the concern for the kids testifying...I don't deny Drew that...they are only kids and this has got to be a scary experience for them....to testify only adds to that fear and stress

but I'm sure that his sons are in good  hands with the attorneys and are able to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but

hopefully them testifying means they are close to making a decision to indict
Report Spam   Logged
northtxmom

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 02:41:46 pm »

I hope they are close to wrapping up too......my guess is DP's fear about the boys being questioned is just that Dearheart, he is scared they will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but.......it was Kristopher, the 13 year old that heard the final fight though right?

Those poor kids have been thru so much losing two mothers then having to be involved in this investigation against thier dad, my heart goes out to them. This thing will never be over for those kids, it breaks my heart, I pray for them!!   Sad

Report Spam   Logged
tweety

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 07:35:01 pm »

didnt know where to put this;
  Peterson grand jury resumes with two witnesses
Nephew, divorce lawyer called to testify

January 22, 2009

By JOE HOSEY jhosey@scn1.com
JOLIET — The parade of witnesses before the grand jury investigating the murder of Drew Peterson’s third wife and the disappearance of his fourth resumed Thursday with his former divorce lawyer and an old in-law summoned to testify.
The grand jury, which convened more than a year ago, last met since before Thanksgiving. On its first day back in action, Alexander Beck, who represented Peterson in his unresolved divorce from slain third wife Kathleen Savio, was called. So was Charlie Doman, Savio’s nephew and a former employee of Peterson.

Doman worked in Suds Pub, a Montgomery bar Peterson had owned, as a maintenance man and disc jockey.

Doman and his attorney, Tamara Holder, declined to comment on what transpired during his grand jury appearance. Beck referred questions to his attorney, Matthew Bertani.

“Mr. Beck respects the sanctity of the grand jury and the gravity of these proceedings,” Bertani said. “He will not comment on them publicly.”

Beck apparently could not say much to the grand jury either.

“He will not, and cannot, according to the Supreme Court rules, reveal any confidences arising out of his representation of Mr. Peterson many years ago,” Bertani said.

Homicide, disappearance

Peterson and Savio were in the midst of a contentious divorce when she was found dead in her own dry bathtub in March 2004. The state police found no sign of foul play during their investigation of Savio’s death, but when Peterson’s next wife, Stacy Peterson, vanished in October 2007, they reclassified Savio’s death to a homicide. The state police are still trying to figure out who killed her.

State police also are trying to determine what happened to Stacy Peterson. They have labeled her disappearance a “potential homicide” and named Drew Peterson their sole suspect.

Peterson, who has since taken up with a 24-year-old mother of two, did not think he had anything to worry about regarding Beck or Doman testifying “unless they’re making something up, which is always my big fear,” he said.

Still investigating

While the grand jury proceedings have been dormant for weeks, the investigations of Savio’s death and Stacy’s disappearance have been anything but, said Charles B. Pelkie, a spokesman for the state’s attorney’s office.

“This by no means indicates a lack of activity in the case,” Pelkie said.

“Things are moving forward. Things are full-steam right now and they have been for several months.”
Report Spam   Logged
Blue
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 01:15:29 am »

I thought we had a thread just for grand jury activities but can't find it so I will merge threads here.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum