MyBlueShark
March 29, 2024, 07:56:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Justice for Justine

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Justice for Justine  (Read 918 times)
i4doors

« on: June 13, 2008, 08:38:40 pm »

this happened really close to me.... Cry justine was a beautiful young woman with a bright future ahead of her...link to family's web site..... Cry          http://justiceforjustine.com/
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 08:13:31 pm by i4doors » Report Spam   Logged

my posts are my opinion!   the doors   http://photobucket.com/video/the%20doors/ades_julio/ec1b6e12.pbr

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

i4doors

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 09:02:45 pm »

Cry
NEWS- Closing in? Foul play now cited in Abshire death
by COURTENEY STUART,  published March 6, 2008

Grief over the death of their daughter is compounded by the pain of not knowing how she died, says Steve Swartz, seen here dancing with Justine at her wedding on May 28, 2006-- five months before her death.
PHOTO COURTESY SWARTZ FAMILYSixteen months after Justine Swartz Abshire was found dead on a dark and winding country road in Orange County, the apparent victim of a hit and run, newly released state police information seems to support her parents' long-held belief that her death was no accident.

Although Justine, a 27-year-old kindergarten teacher, had reportedly called her husband to pick her up after her car broke down that night, police now say two independent mechanics found nothing wrong with her 2002 Ford Mustang, which started up at the scene of the accident. Even more significant, however: Justine may not have been hit by a car.

While police haven't yet released the full autopsy report, Special Agent Mike Jones of the Virginia State Police now reveals, in contrast to earlier reports that called her death merely mysterious, that Justine was quite possibly a victim of foul play.

Jones says Justine sustained "massive amounts" of blunt trauma sometime before her death and that he doesn't believe she was hit by a car-- or at least not while she was upright.

"We don't feel she was standing in the road," says Jones, citing an absence of "strike points," leg injuries that correspond to a car or truck's bumper.

Although Jones wouldn't elaborate on the location of the injuries, he says some of them gave police additional reason to doubt the hit-and-run theory. He also declined to answer whether she could have been struck by a car while she was lying down or otherwise incapacitated. The official cause of her death is still undetermined.

Eric Abshire has said he discovered his wife lying in the middle of Taylorsville Road, about 200-300 yards from her car, then ran to a nearby house to call 911. But Justine's parents say she was afraid of the dark and was so safety conscious that she would not have gotten out of her car to walk alone along a dark, deserted road-- particularly if she knew her husband was on the way to help. They also note the temperature was 35 degrees outside, and Justine's coat-- as police have also now confirmed-- was left in her car, along with her cell phone and purse.

Justine's parents, Steve and Heidi Swartz of Chattanooga, Tennessee, say the newly released information bolsters their belief that their daughter was murdered. And while they say they remain open to any possibilities, they are still unsatisfied with the account they say their former son-in-law gave to them of the night Justine died: that he and Justine argued about his mother's health, that Justine left the house, and that she called him late at night for assistance.

Justine was not feeling well, says her mother; she had already called in sick for the next day at her job at Culpeper's Emerald Hill Elementary School. She also typically went to bed early, they say, so it would have been highly unusual for their daughter, whom they call a "homebody," to be out so late at night. Also troubling to the Swartzes: Abshire's decision to retrieve his wife on his motorcycle, which they said she was fearful of riding.

Abshire, approached outside the Charlottesville District Court Tuesday, March 4, where he appeared as a defendant in a civil case brought by the UVA Credit Union, declined comment. "I spoke to some people," he said, "they told me to have nothing to do with you all."

As the Hook first reported in a June 7, 2007 cover story "Justice for Justine," two months after the accident, the operator of a Greene County storage unit just half a mile from the accident scene discovered a stolen black Ford Expedition parked inside an unlocked unrented unit. According to an employee of the nearby Seminole Auto Sales dealership, Eric Abshire had looked at that Expedition on the car lot less than a week before the car was stolen on October 29, 2006-- five days before Justine died. The same day Abshire looked at the Expedition, a salesman revealed, a key to the vehicle went missing.

Special Agent Jones says investigators are still waiting for results of certain forensic tests, but he is optimistic the case will eventually be solved.

"Every day we're coming closer and closer to the truth," Jones says.

He and Justine's parents, however, believe there are people who know more about the night Justine died than they've revealed thus far.

"We appeal to people to stand up and do the right thing," says Jones, who says he considers no tip too small. Speaking to anyone who might have information they haven't yet shared, he says, "Don't ever underestimate the importance of what you know."

The Swartzes, who have offered a $50,000 reward for information leading to a conviction in the case, say they too are confident arrests will be made, and they continue to hope anyone who might know something about their daughter's death will come forward.

"Now is the time they need to decide which side of this they want to be on when it goes down," says Steve Swartz.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 12:59:37 am by Blue » Report Spam   Logged

my posts are my opinion!   the doors   http://photobucket.com/video/the%20doors/ades_julio/ec1b6e12.pbr
i4doors

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 01:20:56 pm »

another link...i did not personally know justine. i am however, friends with some of her husband's family. they, of course, do not believe that eric could've done this. i think it is possible. the life she lead, doesn't leave much chance of someone else. imo....             http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2007/06/07/coverJusticeJustine.aspx
Report Spam   Logged

i4doors

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 01:25:27 pm »

justine and eric on their wedding day... Undecided     
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 10:48:41 pm »

Beautiful couple.
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 11:09:24 pm »

Oh, that is very suspicious if you ask me. Why would he take a motorcycle to go help /pick up his stranded wife when its nearly freezing? What is up with him looking at that particular vehicle at the lot, the key getting lost and then the car being found in a storage 1 mile from where she died...no thats too much of a coincidence.
Report Spam   Logged

i4doors

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 12:08:33 am »

i know, i know...it is just heartbreaking. she was found about 5-10 minutes from where i live. the car lot where the truck was stolen from is right across the street!!! eric's uncle(a friend of mine) says there is no way that eric had anything to do with it. the road where she was found is a dead end, her husband's mother, i believe, lived on the same road. it just doesn't make sense..... Cry
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 11:55:47 am by i4doors » Report Spam   Logged

i4doors

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 09:08:52 pm »

abc prime time is having justine's story tonight....
http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 10:20:10 am »

abc prime time is having justine's story tonight....
http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/
Thanks 4 I started a thread for it.
Report Spam   Logged

i4doors

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 09:19:35 am »

not sure if this is right place blue...this story makes me soo mad! praying for justice..

July 18th 2008
Family abuse? On Primetime’s eve, woman files on Abshire
by Courteney Stuart

Justine Swartz Abshire was left to die on an Orange County roadside five months after her May 28, 2006 wedding to husband Eric Abshire.
COURTESY OF HEIDI AND STEVE SWARTZ
A year and a half after the discovery of Justine Swartz Abshire’s body on a lonely Barboursville-area road, and with no arrest made in the case, her parents are hoping an ABC Primetime special airing later this month can do what their $50,000 reward has not: crack the case.

Meanwhile, Justine’s widower, Eric Abshire, finds himself accused of abusing another woman, but he claims innocence in both cases and hopes the nationally aired program will help clear him of suspicion.

“Whoever did this to my wife is sitting around without a worry in the world,” says Abshire. “No one is looking at them because every focus is on me.”

That focus is in large part a result of statements made by Justine’s parents, Steve and Heidi Swartz, who in May 2007 first publicly questioned Abshire’s account of events on the night their daughter died. Among their questions: why would Justine, a 27-year-old kindergarten teacher whom they describe as a “homebody,” and who had a well-known fear of the dark, have gotten out of her car on a deserted winding road in the middle of a cold fall night? Why would she have left her keys, purse, and winter jacket in the car? Indeed, why would she have been in her car in the first place?

Abshire, in a phone interview this week, said he and Justine argued that night about his ailing mother’s health and his inability to express his feelings.

“I made a smartass comment; she made a smartass comment,” he says. Then, as he has long maintained, Abshire repeated that Justine left their small cinderblock home on Fredericksburg Road in her 2002 Mustang. She allegedly called him on her cell phone sometime after 1am to say her car had broken down and that she needed a ride. When Abshire arrived on his motorcycle to pick her up, he discovered her body in the middle of the road, then ran to a nearby house to call 911.

At first, police treated the case as a hit and run. But as the investigation progressed, some disturbing details emerged. One of the most unsettling: Justine’s injuries were not consistent with being struck by a car.

In May, state police revealed that Justine suffered a “massive” number of blunt trauma injuries. None, however, corresponded to a car’s bumper striking her legs– the so called “strike marks” expected in a hit and run.

Neither police nor Orange County Commonwealth’s Attorney Diana Wheeler have offered a theory of how Justine may have died or a motive for why she may have been killed.

Abshire says he is as mystified as everyone else.

“Nobody would dislike Justine,” he says. “If you meet one of those people everybody likes, that was Justine.” Living under a cloud of suspicion has been brutal, he says, not only for him but for his family.
“I can’t even sit there and grieve my wife,” says Abshire, “because I have to worry about what my children are going to hear.”

One thing Abshire likely wishes his children wouldn’t hear is recent news that their mother filed for an emergency protective order against him. The June 5 order prohibited Abshire from having contact with the woman, who asked not to be named in this story. Filed in the Greene County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court in Stanardsville, the document states that “reasonable grounds exist to believe that [Abshire] has committed family abuse.”

Abshire blames it merely on a “misunderstanding” and a “miscommunication,” and insists that the woman never actually felt threatened. The woman who filed the complaint declined the Hook’s request for comment and apparently did not seek a hearing to extend it. The protective order expired June 12.
Citing court policy, a clerk in the Greene court would not release the criminal complaint detailing the incident behind the order.

“Unfortunately,” says grieving father Steve Swartz, “we can’t say we’re surprised by it. We certainly don’t want to see anybody else get hurt.”

Officials are aware of the order, according to Special Agent Dennis Dotson of the State Police, and the investigation into Justine’s death hasn’t slowed.

“There’s not a day that goes by that I’m not looking into something on it,” says Dotson. “We will find out what occurred, no matter how long it takes.”

While the Swartzes remain unsatisfied with Abshire’s version of events, they insist they’re open to all information– in particular, to any that could vindicate their son-in-law.

“If there’s any other circumstance surrounding this that we don’t know about, we want to know about it,” says mom Heidi Swartz. “The best way to do that is to get the broadest possible coverage in hopes that we’ll learn something we didn’t know.”
Report Spam   Logged

i4doors

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 09:21:46 am »

i found this entry on the hook's blog....hmmm... Shocked

TheRiteThing August 4th, 2008 | 11:17 pm
There is someone out there, other than Eric or Jesse, that knows what happened to Justine. W****, I pray for you every night. I cant even imagine how scared you must be. Please dig down deep in your soul and find the courage to come forward with what you know. You know what time Jesse left the house to go help Eric. There are people that love you and will protect you and the kids from any harm. You need to think about your son and the one on the way. Dont you want more for them then to be raised in this drama? Say what you know, then, get those kids as far away from these killers as possible. You will find a new freedom. ~Peace
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 10:13:08 am »

There is someone out there, other than Eric or Jesse, that knows what happened to Justine. W****, I pray for you every night. I cant even imagine how scared you must be. Please dig down deep in your soul and find the courage to come forward with what you know. You know what time Jesse left the house to go help Eric. There are people that love you and will protect you and the kids from any harm. You need to think about your son and the one on the way. Dont you want more for them then to be raised in this drama? Say what you know, then, get those kids as far away from these killers as possible. You will find a new freedom. ~Peace

Who are these people? Jesse and W****? The wife of W**** is Jesse? Holy Hell! Where's the link for this blog?
Report Spam   Logged

i4doors

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 12:35:05 pm »

Who are these people? Jesse and W****? The wife of W**** is Jesse? Holy Hell! Where's the link for this blog?
jesse is eric's brother! i know, i know, there are a couple of posts like this directed to jesse's wife. here is the link..bottom of page, is blog.  Huh?

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2008/07/18/family-abuse-on-primetimes-eve-woman-files-on-abshire/
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 04:13:42 pm »

Look at these last ones
http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2008/07/18/family-abuse-on-primetimes-eve-woman-files-on-abshire/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#
TheRiteThing August 6th, 2008 | 10:41 am

Today is a new day… It doesnt matter that you have keep your lips sealed up to this point. You can choose to do the right thing TODAY! W****, The weight of the world is on your shoulders as long as you hold this secret in. Let it out, and the people that love you and care about you are here to help. Just think: If R***** was still here, what would he want you to do? My prayers are with you. ~Peace
#
Just a Thought from a Old Friend of Eric's August 12th, 2008 | 8:55 pm

Maybe she was beat to death and placed in the road after she was taking out of her trunk that was left unlatched. Then Eric ran down to the storage units where his bike was often kept. He then got on his bike to go back to the scene to play the innocent husband. That might be the reason why he was riding his bike on a 35 degree night. He usually doesn’t ride his bike when it is freezing cold outside, so why now. But, he does usaully keep it in the storage units walking distance from Justine’s car that night.

On the TV he claimed to have thought his wife was alive on the road when he left her to use a phone (forgetting about his cell-phone), but the statement from both Amber Lamb and her grandmother was, “the man said will you please call 9-1-1, my wife got hit by a car and I think she’s not alive.” So did he think she was dead or alive? I think he was caught there since he was asked 2-3 times on the show about that question, everytime saying he thought she was alive. And how does a person that runs his own trucking bussiness forget he has a cell phone on his side, I think most of his bussiness is done over that same phone. It almost becomes habit to reach for the cell phone when you have your own bussiness running. Just ask anyone!

Why did it take Eric almost 40 minutes from the time he supposely received the call from Justine about the car, till the time he went for help. It takes about 5-10 minutes at the most to get to the scene from his house, so that leaves 30 minutes of time unaccounted for.

I truly hope Jesse had nothing to do with this, cause it could have been done only by Eric if he still had that storage unit. Jesse talked on the show as if he felt that it was not a hit and run crime, but Eric insist that it was. Something is not adding up here! Why is the thought of your wife being beat to death different than her being killed by a car and left there on the road to die. In my opinion, it is the same crime. Murder!!!!!

Oh’ yea, the insurance company will not pay out for anything that was not accidental or natural death. Maybe that’s his reason for not wanting to believe that she was beat to death.
Report Spam   Logged

i4doors

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 07:02:26 pm »

there is something not right....this makes me sooo mad and sad.... Sad Angry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum