MyBlueShark
April 19, 2024, 01:27:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girls' shooting deaths rattle rural Oklahoma town

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girls' shooting deaths rattle rural Oklahoma town  (Read 593 times)
Blue
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
Global Moderator

« on: June 12, 2008, 01:35:48 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/10/ok.girls.deaths/index.html?section=cnn_latest

<snip>

(CNN) -- Residents of a small Oklahoma town were warned Tuesday that the shooting deaths of two schoolgirls may be the work of someone who lives in the area.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

i4doors

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 03:05:58 pm »

i read about it. so sad. why???  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

my posts are my opinion!   the doors   http://photobucket.com/video/the%20doors/ades_julio/ec1b6e12.pbr
Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 01:22:49 am »

Brutal Murder Of 2 Girls Spreads Fear
Oklahoma Cops Still Have No Motive In Fatal Shooting Of Best Friends, Ages 11 And 13
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/10/national/main4168258.shtml?source=mostpop_story

CBS/AP) Maybe they stumbled onto a crime in progress. Perhaps they were ambushed by "drunks and dopeheads." Or maybe it was some kind of thrill killing.

Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 01:24:25 am »

2 Suspects Sought In Murder Of Girls

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/12/national/main4175112.shtml?source=related_story

(CBS/AP) State investigators in Oklahoma say they believe two people are responsible for the killing of two young girls on a country road.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown said Wednesday two different caliber weapons were used to kill 13-year-old Taylor Paschal-Placker and 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker. Because two weapons were used, Brown says investigators believe there were two killers.

Brown declined to say what type of weapons were used.

The girls were discovered Sunday afternoon. The state medical examiner's office says each suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the head and chest.

Brown says a reward for information leading to an arrest in the case has been increased to $25,000.

No suspect or motive has been identified in the mysterious killings.

The bodies of Whitaker and Paschal-Placker were found on an isolated county road near a small town, about 70 miles south of Tulsa.

The pair, best friends who lived a few miles apart in an impoverished part of the community, had walked the road dozens of times for sleepovers. Family said they didn't have an enemy in the world.

Residents in this close community of 1,000 remained on edge knowing a murderer could be in their town.

"Believe it or not, I have never pulled any shades in my house and I keep my doors unlocked," said Dena Priddy, a teacher's aide at the public school the victims attended. "You just don't expect these things to happen here."

OSBI Special Agent Ben Rosser said it appears unlikely the girls were sexually assaulted. They were clothed when found and had been missing only a half hour. Full autopsy results were not back yet, he said.

Investigators were examining evidence, including tire tracks, shell casings, ballistics and shoe prints for any possible leads.

"We will bring all the resources we need to try to help in our investigation," Rosser said in an afternoon news conference.

But as of Tuesday afternoon, authorities had identified no suspects or persons of interest in the crime.

"Nobody we could put a finger on and say this guy's good for it," Rosser said.

Kevin Rowland, chief investigator with the state medical examiner's office, said the girls each suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the head and chest.

Rosser said the fact that the killings took place in such an isolated rural area leads investigators to presume a local person may have been involved in the crime.

Possibilities include that it was a random shooting, they had intended to meet someone or may have interrupted a crime that was occurring, Rosser said.

News that a killer, or killers, could still be in town sent shivers through many people in the small town. Locals are used to living in a place where everybody watches out for everybody else, your next-door neighbor may be two miles away and murders are something that happen in the big cities.

"I can't put it into words," said Jake Fenley, Skyla's basketball coach. "This doesn't happen in rural middle America."

For Priddy, that fear means taking extra precautions: "I got guns loaded," she said defiantly. She also refuses to let her 14-year-old daughter out of the house.

Tuesday morning, Taylor's uncle, Joe Mosher, drove up on the makeshift memorial at the place the bodies were found. Yellow crime scene tape had been torn away and thick patches of grass were matted down.

A rosary hung from a branch, and stuffed animals and a bouquet of flowers just beginning to wilt formed the grim reminder of innocence lost.

"It's the most tragic thing that I've ever seen," said Nell Mosher, Taylor's aunt. "They were just two precious little babies; they were good girls."

© MMVIII, CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Report Spam   Logged

i4doors

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 08:50:56 am »

they released a sketch of a poi...let me see if i can find it.  Undecided    ok here is link of sketch released....             http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/13/okla.girls.shootings/index.html
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 08:55:13 am by i4doors » Report Spam   Logged

my posts are my opinion!   the doors   http://photobucket.com/video/the%20doors/ades_julio/ec1b6e12.pbr
northtxmom

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 05:36:34 pm »

OK GUYS, I'M SICK RIGHT NOW SO FORGIVE ME IF I MISSED IT BUT CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE IN OK THIS HAPPENED? ALL I COULD FIND WAS A SMALL TOWN 70 MILES SOUTH OF TULSA BUT COULD NOT FIND EXACTLY WHERE. MY DAUGHTER IS LIVING IN A SMALL TOWN IN SOUTHERN OK AND I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH HER ALL WEEKEND. I'M SURE SHE'S JUST OUT BEING A TYPICAL 21 YEAR OLD BUT JUST WONDERING WHERE EXACTLY THIS IS.

THOSE POOR YOUNG GIRLS, SUCH A SHAME. PRAYERS FOR THIER FAMILIES!!  Cry
Report Spam   Logged
Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 10:41:59 pm »

OK GUYS, I'M SICK RIGHT NOW SO FORGIVE ME IF I MISSED IT BUT CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE IN OK THIS HAPPENED? ALL I COULD FIND WAS A SMALL TOWN 70 MILES SOUTH OF TULSA BUT COULD NOT FIND EXACTLY WHERE. MY DAUGHTER IS LIVING IN A SMALL TOWN IN SOUTHERN OK AND I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH HER ALL WEEKEND. I'M SURE SHE'S JUST OUT BEING A TYPICAL 21 YEAR OLD BUT JUST WONDERING WHERE EXACTLY THIS IS.

THOSE POOR YOUNG GIRLS, SUCH A SHAME. PRAYERS FOR THIER FAMILIES!!  Cry

From the person of interest sketch article.....
Brown said other witnesses reported hearing gunshots near the crime scene, a dirt road that leads to a bridge known as a popular gathering spot in the rural community of Weleetka
Report Spam   Logged

northtxmom

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 12:35:19 am »

Thanks Blue, don't know how I missed that....even read it twice. Most be that damn cough medicine the doc gave me....sure don't taste very good but it's lost of fun...lol.   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 11:36:48 pm »

Thanks Blue, don't know how I missed that....even read it twice. Most be that damn cough medicine the doc gave me....sure don't taste very good but it's lost of fun...lol.   Cheesy

Well, at my age I'll take fun where ever I can get it! LOL!
Report Spam   Logged

i4doors

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 02:12:46 pm »

Well, at my age I'll take fun where ever I can get it! LOL!
  blue...that's the way i feel...lol
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 01:45:58 pm »

http://www.adaeveningnews.com/local/local_story_163115347.html

Reward offered in girls' murder
Randy Mitchell Staff Writer

Weleetka — The Okfuskee County sheriff’s office and the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation are still searching for a suspect or suspects in the murders of two young girls near the town of Weleetka.

The bodies of Taylor Dawn Paschal, 13, Weleetka, and Skyla Jade Whitaker, 11, Henryetta, were found in a roadside ditch just outside Weleetka Sunday evening. They had been shot to death.

The girls were taking a walk down an isolated dirt road in the country near Paschal’s home. Paschal’s grandfather, Peter Placker, found the girls’ bodies while searching for them when they did not return.

Ben Rosser, special agent with the OSBI, said Whitaker was spending the night with Paschal and had walked down a dirt road to a bridge about a quarter of a mile from Paschal’s residence. Placker, who was also Paschal’s legal guardian, tried to call her on her cell phone. Placker walked up the road on which they lived and found their bodies in the ditch.

“He got 200 to 300 yards north of the home and found the girls on the side of the road,” Rosser said. “Both girls had been shot multiple times. Both girls were dead at the scene. At that time he (Placker) took the cell phone from one of the girls and made a 911 telephone call to notify the authorities.”

Rosser said investigators were on scene through the night and “battled stormy conditions” but were able to collect some forensic evidence. The evidence will be submitted to the OSBI’s central laboratory in Oklahoma City for testing.

Rosser said they do not know what caliber or type of gun was used, only that they were gunshots. They continue to search for a motive for the shootings.

“We don’t know whether they were sexually assaulted or not, Rosser said. “Due to the time frame, it’s unlikely. We have thought from the worst case scenario just a haphazard shooting, they possibly walked down to meet someone, or they may have interrupted something.”

Rosser said they found shell casings near the scene, but the area around the bridge is a common gathering area and people often shoot guns from the bridge. Because of the out-of-the way area, officials believe the killer or killers are local.

There is a $14,000 reward being offered for the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the murders.

The case has received national attention and the television show “America’s Most Wanted” has offered their assistance in the case.

OSBI Spokesperson Jessica Brown said anyone with information on the murders is asked to phone either the OSBI hotline at 800-522-8017 or the Okfuskee County sheriff’s office.
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 10:25:32 am »

http://www.rocketnews.com/topic/world/Taylor-Paschal-Placker/

911 call released in killings of 2 Okla. girls
the woman said in the June 8 call after 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker and 13-year-old Taylor Paschal-Placker were found shot to death on a road near Weleetka, about 70 miles south of Tulsa. "What happened down there?" the dispatcher asked. ...
www.thestate.com
- Tue, Jul 22
Report Spam   Logged

Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 10:28:10 am »

OSBI Appeals for Help in Murders of Skyla Jade Whitaker and Taylor Dawn Paschal-Placker
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/07/in-an-effort-to.html

Skyla_jade_whitaker_and_taylor_dawnIn an effort to spark new leads in a case that is quickly going cold, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation [OSBI] on Monday released part of a 911 call made to authorities after 11-year-old Skyla Jade Whitaker and 13-year-old Taylor Dawn Paschal-Placker were found shot to death in Weleetka last month.

OSBI spokeswoman Jessica Brown played approximately 82 seconds of the 6-minute, 22-second recording in which the grandmother of one of the girls could be heard screaming that both girls were dead.

"Somebody killed two young girls. They are both down here dead. My grandbaby and her friend. ... Help me. Please! … Please, please, please! Lord help me please! Oh God, oh God, oh God! My babies, babies, babies!" she said.
Listen to the 911 recording in WAV or MP3 format.

After playing the recording for the media, Brown spoke briefly about the case and urged anyone with information to come forward and speak with authorities.

"It breaks your heart hearing that, doesn't it?" Brown said, referring to the recording. "Someone knows something. Listen to that, understand what it's done to these people, what it's done to the community and just come forward. Even if you're afraid of law enforcement, that doesn't matter. Put that aside, come forward and give us the ideas, give us the places to look; because this person, these people, need to be caught."

Brown was unavailable for comment after the press conference; however earlier this month she told Investigation Discovery that her department was doing everything they could to find the person(s) responsible for the murders.

"We are still running leads, interviewing people, polygraphing people [and] doing everything humanly possible," Brown said. "We have had more than 450 leads since the beginning of the investigation and we are in the process of running those down. We have more than half of that finished; it just takes time so we are going to continue doing that until it takes us to the killers."

The bodies of Skyla Jade Whitaker and Taylor Dawn Paschal-Placker were discovered on the evening of June 8, in a ditch along County Line Road in Weleetka, Oklahoma. Autopsies on the victims revealed that the girls had been shot in the head and chest.  Investigators have yet to clarify how many times each girl was shot and will not comment on whether DNA evidence was found on their bodies.

Since the beginning of the investigation there has been speculation about whether the two girls had been sexually assaulted prior to their death. Brown recently said that the OSBI has information pertaining to that but she declined to release any details.

Osbi_person_of_interestInvestigators are continuing their search for a "person of interest" who may have information about the slayings. The person of interest is described as an American Indian male, approximately 35-years-old and about 6-feet-tall, with dark hair and a ponytail. Witnesses said the man was standing near the crime scene, next to a white single cab pickup with an Oklahoma license tag.

The OSBI is offering a reward in excess of $30,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the murders. Anyone with information is asked to contact the OSBI hotline at 800-522-8017 or the Okfuskee County Sheriff's Office at 918-623-1122.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum