MyBlueShark
April 20, 2024, 07:21:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Chicago crime

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago crime  (Read 1739 times)
shark
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2008, 01:05:59 am »

Some Obama revelers got too fired up
Recommend (7) Comments

November 5, 2008

BY RUMMANA HUSSAIN Staff Reporter
Not everyone behaved themselves when celebrating U.S. President-elect Barack Obama’s historic win Tuesday night.

Some fired gunshots, a felon accused cops of arresting him “because a black man won for president” and a teenager standing with throngs of passionate revelers used the opportunity to slap a police officer, Cook County prosecutors said.

» Click to enlarge image

Although no incidents occurred in Grant Park, there were several accounts of crimes in the wake of Obama's victory.
(Tom Cruze/Sun-Times)

“White bitches. F--- McCain. You white police can’t do nothing,” 19-year-old Celita Hart taunted officers as she stood with a throng of Obama supporters in the 6900 block of South Western Avenue, Assistant State’s Attorney Lorraine Scaduto said in a court Wednesday. At some point, authorities said, Hart left the crowd, which had been chanting “Obama, Obama,” walked up to a squad car, and smacked a male officer in the face.

Hart was one of a half-dozen charged in Election Night-related arrests. A slew of others facing weapon and reckless discharge violations appeared in central bond court.

None of the incidents occurred in Grant Park, where Obama addressed a giddy crowd of 240,000 late Tuesday.

West Sider Narada Thomas, 23, told police he shot a .22-caliber revolver in the air to “celebrate Obama becoming president,” Scaduto said. And 37-year-old Andre Murph, of Aurora, shot a 9mm into the ground several times in the 700 block of West 60th Place to express his joy, Scaduto said.

“It was an exciting night,” Murph’s attorney James E. Thompson shrugged before Judge Israel Desierto.

While Kenneth Smith, a 24-year- old felon, never stated why he fired three rounds at his residence, in the 6700 block of South Ada Street, he complained that officers only arrested him “because a black man won for president,” Scaduto said.

Peer pressure seemed to get the better of 54-year-old Joseph Morgan, who allegedly was caught holding a .22-caliber gun in the air on his back porch in the 5700 block of South Lowe Avenue.

His excuse, according to prosecutors?

“Everybody else is shooting their guns, I figured, ‘Why not?’ ”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I thought it was illegal to have a handgun in the city of?  LOL!!!
That young woman is the very example of what needs to be changed!!!!
Im sort of glad OBAMA is in now!!!  LOL!!!
No excuses now young lady!!!  LOL!!!!

Its very sad to think anyone can slap a cop.... Big DUMMY!!!
Report Spam   Logged
i4doors

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2008, 06:50:26 pm »

lol....she certainly is a big dummy... Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

my posts are my opinion!   the doors   http://photobucket.com/video/the%20doors/ades_julio/ec1b6e12.pbr
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum