MyBlueShark
April 19, 2024, 02:30:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Kathleen Savio's bathtub taken by State Police

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kathleen Savio's bathtub taken by State Police  (Read 596 times)
Dearheart

« on: May 31, 2008, 12:10:10 am »

State police take bathtub as evidence in Peterson's wife's death
3rd wife was found dead there in 2004

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-drew-peterson_31_may31,0,6643633.story

By Matthew Walberg and Erika Slife | Tribune reporters
    9:44 PM CDT, May 30, 2008

Investigators probing the death of Drew Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, now possess the bathtub in which her body was found.

One of the current homeowners told the Tribune on Friday that state police came to take the tub last week, but declined to comment further. A spokesman for the Will County state's attorney's office confirmed her information and said the tub was in storage.

"The state police removed the bathtub from the home where Kathleen Savio was found dead," said spokesman Charles Pelkie. "It's our belief that the tub will be a key piece of evidence in the prosecution of this case when charges are filed."

On March 1, 2004, Savio, 40, was found dead in an empty bathtub weeks before her divorce from Peterson was finalized.

An autopsy determined she drowned, and a coroner's jury later ruled the death was accidental.

Savio's case was reopened in November as authorities investigated the Oct. 28 disappearance of Peterson's wife, Stacy, from their Bolingbrook home.

In February, State's Atty. James Glasgow called the Savio inquiry a murder investigation after a second autopsy concluded her death was a homicide.

Police have called Peterson a suspect in Stacy's disappearance. The former police sergeant denies involvement in either case.

On Friday, he made his first court appearance on a felony gun charge that came as a result of search warrants executed in the Stacy Peterson case. Authorities allege that the barrel of an assault rifle owned by Peterson is nearly 5 inches shorter than allowed by state law and charged him last week with unlawful use of a weapon.

His attorney, Joel Brodsky, filed a motion seeking dismissal of the charge, alleging federal law authorized Peterson to carry the weapon and that he was authorized by Bolingbrook to use the gun as a duty weapon.

"I don't know if they were aware of the federal statute or not. If they were, it's surprising that they would have brought this case," Brodsky said after the hearing. "But even if there wasn't a federal statute, under Illinois law, Drew is immune because barrel lengths don't apply to officers' duty weapons."

Glasgow's office says the gun was privately owned by Peterson, and Bolingbrook police denied any knowledge of the weapon.

"Peterson has not been charged with a violation of any law involving the concealment of a handgun," said Pelkie, adding the federal statute has no bearing on the charge filed. "At the time his weapon was seized, Peterson did not have an exemption to own and carry a rifle with an illegal barrel, either for his personal use or in his official capacity as a police officer."

Looking well-tanned, the normally media-friendly Peterson left the courthouse without comment to reporters. Thursday, a 22-year-old tanning salon employee testified before a grand jury about her involvement with Peterson.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 12:27:57 am by Shark » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

SheShark
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 12:30:13 am »

Good find Dear!!
WOW!
Report Spam   Logged
Dearheart

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 12:38:36 am »

lol you beat me to it!!!

yeah okay they got the tub but what about the tiles...when they say tub do they mean only the bath itself or the entire unit?  hmm?

I'm heading off to bed I'll be back tomorrow to investigate some more!

ttyal

Report Spam   Logged
i4doors

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 08:05:16 am »

i am confused, what kind of evidence will the tub after all this time?  Huh?   so. i read the other thread on this same issue, charges soon? maybe, we can merge the two threads?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 08:07:51 am by i4doors » Report Spam   Logged

my posts are my opinion!   the doors   http://photobucket.com/video/the%20doors/ades_julio/ec1b6e12.pbr
Dearheart

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 02:18:59 pm »

as far as forensic testing is concerned I think there are different luminol tests they would do not to mention actual experiments with a manaquin the same height and weight as kathleen to test the chances of how she could have hit her head..maybe they have speculated that her head was bashed on the tub...such as the edge of the tile and they will test it with luminol...after this many years and all the bleach in that time luminol will still show where there was blood!  Remember the scene looked like an accident...if say her head was bashed on the edges of the tile and then she later was found in the tub but there was no blood on that tile...then someone cleaned up that blood...the burden will be for them to prove DP did it...I think they have more than just a tub to go on as well! 
Report Spam   Logged
i4doors

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 06:38:42 pm »

i hope they do have more.....alot more than any of us know about.  Undecided 
Report Spam   Logged

my posts are my opinion!   the doors   http://photobucket.com/video/the%20doors/ades_julio/ec1b6e12.pbr
Blue
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 01:07:39 pm »

I believe the tub will be used in court to show jurors the shape and size of the tub vs. the many bruises on Kathleen.
Report Spam   Logged

i4doors

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 09:48:29 pm »

i am just ready for justice...this has gone on for long enough.  Angry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum